Human Resources Manager
Human Resources/ Manufacturing
Moncton, New Brunswick
Do you want to work for a dynamic and rapidly growing company that is an industry leader in our field? Greystone Energy Systems Inc. is dedicated to developing high quality and innovative solutions for its customers with unsurpassed customer service.
We are growing and looking for a motivated Human Resources Manager to join the Human Resources team working in Moncton, New Brunswick.
Objective & Summary
The HR Manager is both a strategic and hands-on role that serves primarily as a strategic thought and business partner to the management team, while also being responsible for the execution of full-cycle Human Resources support. The role is critical in devising local organization effectiveness and talent development strategies while executing people initiatives, providing internal support, fostering the organization’s culture and driving HR functional excellence. The HR Manager also leads the development and implementation of talent strategies that support operations, supply chain and corporate HR strategic initiatives for Greystone Energy Systems.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
Lead and supervise the HR function within Greystone by promoting effective HR practices and working closely with the management team to implement and strengthen the organization.
- Define operations and people effectiveness goals, develop performance metrics and implement effective processes to drive business results within the organization, in alignment with the company’s values and vision.
- Serve as a close business partner with the management team regarding the following:
- Talent acquisition,
- Employee engagement and retention
- Employee relations
- Performance management
- Team building
- Coaching and development
- Succession planning
- Legal and regulatory compliance
- Health and safety and site security
- Crisis management
- Maintaining and assisting in executing appropriate training plans for both hourly and salaried staff
- Support the deployment of cyclical HR processes such as annual performance reviews, annual Performance Objective assessments etc. by fostering complete leader engagement, focus and commitment through coaching, training and robust communications.
- Serve as a vital link between staff located in various international locations and the head office by fostering collaboration and communication between the various groups. The goal being to ensure that the regional and international locations are kept up to date on policies and procedures as they evolve as well as sharing in the collective corporate success.
- Drive continuous process improvement and simplification activities within the business. Apply efficient practices in the daily management of the HR team. Provide personal leadership and involvement where needed to model the use of these practices.
- Provide subject matter expertise and leadership in effective investigations through coaching and developing the management team and personal involvement when necessary to drive improvement in the overall efficiency and effectiveness of company practices.
- Ensure HR records are kept up to date and managed efficiently.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- This position reports to the President & CEO
Education, Training & Experience
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources or similar discipline preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPHR Certification preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a client-focused, HR Business Partner role & at least 3 years’ experience leading others. Manufacturing Operations experience a must.
Preferred Skills and Competency Requirements
- Strategic business thinker with the demonstrated ability to understand business goals, recommend new approaches, programs, policies and processes that yield business/engagement improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to support and lead large and small change initiatives using change management and communications principles and methods.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and presentation skills with the ability and passion to engage with others authentically, establish trust, build long-lasting relationships - influence at all levels.
- Experience & comfort with a fast-paced, complex & changing work environment & the ability to manage multiple & shifting priorities simultaneously, with an orientation toward delivering results.
- Strong background in all HR processes including HR Planning and development, retention and recruitment.
- Have some familiarity with Finance management.
- Strong leadership skills
- Result oriented and strong decision-making skills
- Problem solving and analysis skills
- Ability to establish trust in others
- Cultural awareness
Preference will be given to applicants that can prove a successful track record.
Please provide at least three (3) reference names and email addresses of people who are very familiar with your skills, abilities and experience. All references will be contacted for successful candidates.
Only those who will be considered for the next step of the application process will be contacted
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Manufacturing Operations: 2 years (Required)