Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
The Manager, Revenue Management, West will report to the Sr. Manager, Revenue Management. This role is responsible for driving revenue growth, while improving margins and supporting category expansion by leveraging best-in-class Revenue Management (RM) techniques. In this role, you will be a partner working with key external customers to drive RM focused solutions and act as a business partner for internal stakeholders. You will be responsible for four main RM pillars: price optimization, mix management, discount efficiency and margin pools.
- Provides RM support and insights to deliver sell-in stories for customers as part of contract negotiations
- Responsible for ensuring that the Revenue Management strategic plan is embedded and adhered to on a provincial level
- Oversee and control revenue management reporting and ensure the correctness of data
- Work with the Category Management team to identify customer/band mix and recommendations for the portfolio
- Responsible for price optimization
- Grow revenue and protect brand equity by capturing the optimal prices that consumers are willing to pay for our brands guaranteeing balance between volume and profitability
- Develop regional pricing architecture, reference price guidelines and governance processes
- Support the regional development of the price increase planning process to ensure clear recommendations at required level of detail. Price changes should be planned with fact-based analysis
- Identify gaps and opportunities in the portfolio through pack, brand, customer and channel analysis, ensuring the price policy correctly reflects consumer willingness to pay
- Lead, develop and maintain competitor analytics to understand their price strategy & expected pricing behavior in the market to help identify opportunities and risks to pricing strategy
- Lead the development of conjoint studies as well as implementation of insights for the business
- Responsible for discount efficiency
- Improve volume and revenue through efficient promotions and investments
- Work with the Country’s Leadership team to optimize net revenue and increase ROI of trade investment and promotions.
- Ensure discounts are executed with intelligence without harming the market (i.e cross channels)
- Responsible for margin pool analysis
- Protect share of margin pool and support revenue growth with a pro-business agenda, incentive alignment, and price to consumer (PTC) excellence executed in a sustainable way
- Work with innovation and brand teams to optimize profit pools for new and existing products and to ensure margin pool is maximized
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a minimum 3 years of strong revenue management/commercial finance and financial modeling skills/experience
- Strong relationship management skills and proven ability to effectively with sales and retail teams
- A proven technologically savvy leader with broad experience supporting commercial and sales teams
- University degree in Applied Economics, Applied Statistics, Business, Finance or equivalent degree
- Business experience in commercial finance, account management and revenue management
- Excellent strategical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Thorough understanding of elasticity modelling, including cross-price & category elasticity & implications
- Knowledge about promotional landscape and promotional optimization techniques
- Knowledge of trade investment optimization techniques
- Professional designation such as a CPA or Masters Degree considered an asset.
This is a full-time position based out of Toronto.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.