About the Department
At Pinchin, our Occupational Health and Safety department is not your typical internal corporate support group. We drive operational growth by creating solutions for our clients to help them manage their health and safety needs to improve the health and safety for their employees. Our team works on small, medium and large scale projects in a variety of different industries.
The projects we work on typically fall into the following categories: audits/assessments, construction site inspections, noise and air monitoring, confined space evaluations, developing various occupational health and safety programs and procedures, chemical exposure control plans/procedures and/ or managing the review of those documents.
About the Role
As a member of our OH&S team, you have a consultant mindset. What that means is you keep the client’s needs at the forefront of every interaction. You use your knowledge and expertise in OH&S to help our clients reach their goals and solve problems. You’ll work closely with the Operations Manager and other members of your team to provide project deliverables on time and on budget.
Even as an intermediate OH&S professional, some areas of hygiene, health and safety or project management might still be new to you, and that’s ok. We will train you how to do things the Pinchin way. You will have mentorship from industry experts and also be a mentor to your team members. As long as you have a positive attitude and genuinely enjoy learning, we will be there to support you through training and development opportunities.
- Prepare proposals and project budgets
- Develop OH&S policies, programs and procedures
- Conduct on-site assessments and audits, and complete reports
- Conduct or manage occupational hygiene surveys
- Develop and deliver OH&S training courses (in-house and external)
- Support quality control within the group
- Provide technical mentorship and training to team members
- Client development and marketing
- Reliable personal vehicle required for lower mainland travel (all reimbursable)
- Ability to travel out of town on occasion
- University Degree or Technological Diploma in Occupational Hygiene or a combination of relevant education and experience
- At least 5 year of OHS experience (occupational hygiene and/or occupational safety)
- Sound knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation (e.g. WorkSafe BC, Canada Labour Code, etc.)
- Consulting or project management experience
- Certification as a CIH/ROH/CRSP or actively working towards certification
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer services skills
Pinchin Ltd. (Pinchin) is a multidisciplinary consulting firm that has been committed to Environmental Health and Safety for over 35 years and provides a wide range of engineering, building sciences, geosciences, environmental, and occupational health and safety solutions across Canada. We are committed to excellence and dedicated to addressing the needs of our clients.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, annual profit sharing, RRSP matching, a fitness reimbursement program and a variety of other perks and benefits.
Take a look to see all Pinchin has to offer:
You can also see what our employees have to say. Take a look at our reviews on Indeed: https://goo.gl/7USfE8
To apply for this position, click on the “Apply” button above.
Pinchin is committed to fostering an inclusive respectful and accessible environment, for job applicants, employees and customers. We appreciate interest from all candidates, but only those invited to interview will be contacted.