A BETTER FUTURE
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers.
Ensuring the well-being of our employees is our priority. We offer attractive working conditions and benefits to our employees and their families:
Advantageous corporate agreements
Full range of group insurance benefits
Group retirement pension plan with employer contribution
Purchase option of company stocks
Health and wellness program in the workplace
Assistance program for employees and their families
We support employment equity. Saputo strives to embed diversity and inclusion in its operations and invites candidates from all horizons to join its family.
SUMMARY OF TASKS:
Permanent, Full Time
The department consists of 2 rooms; Wet Packaging and Dry Packaging:
Employees are in direct contact with wet cheese.
Employees are in direct contact with packaged cheese.
Wet Packaging Responsibilities:
- Attend scheduled shift regularly and punctually ready to fulfill all duties required;
- Meet daily efficiencies stipulated by the Packaging Supervisor and Production Manager;
- Focus on customer satisfaction;
- Comply with all policies and procedures;
- Comply with all Woolwich Health and Safety and Food Safety and Quality regulations;
- Participate in daily mandatory stretching program;
- Participate in job rotation as required;
- Set up and take down of machines;
- Accurate completion of all required documentation;
- Complete daily sanitation duties;
- Take on additional duties as required;
- Take a sense of pride in work.
Dry Packaging Responsibilities:
- Process cheese into required packages;
- Ensure line is properly supplied at all times;
- Perform quality checks to ensure product meets required specifications (e.g. weight, dimension, spice coverage);
- Visual inspection of the product to ensure it meets or exceeds quality standards;
- Ensure the product is well sealed and that all air is vacuumed out.
- Ensure cheese has the required labelling and dating;
- Program dating equipment with proper dating format;
- Visual inspection of product prior to sealing boxes
- Package product in boxes;
- Move full boxes from the line onto skid/pallet;
- Palletise according to instructions/ensure counts and identification;
- Ensure line is properly supplied at all times (stage empty skids, boxes, labels.
- Food/dairy/manufacturing experience an asset;
- Accuracy, attention to detail with strong communication skills;
- Good hand-eye coordination;
- Ability to multitask;
- Ability to read, write and perform basic math;
- Team player, but to also work independently;
- Motivated individual who is a positive proactive thinker.
- Cool environment;
- Varying temperatures on department floor (18 to 24 C degrees);
- Able to work around chemicals;
- Rotating of positions approximately every 30 minutes;
- Overtime – mandatory periodically on Saturdays.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.;
- Repetitive movements (e.g. twisting/gripping/lifting/bending/reaching);
- Fast paced;
- Alert and aware at all times;
- Standing for extended periods of time.