Named again in 2019 as one of FORTUNE’s ‘World’s Most Admired Companies’, Fujitsu is a leading multinational information and communication technology (ICT) company at the forefront of driving enterprise-scale digital transformation initiatives in organizations and communities around the world. Offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services, Fujitsu’s commitment to R&D continues to deliver cutting-edge technologies, particularly in the fields of artificial intelligence, quantum-inspired computing, IoT, blockchain, and supercomputing. Combined with its core offerings in IT infrastructure and cloud transformation, this has enabled Fujitsu to develop vast international business operations employing over 132,000 people in 100 countries worldwide in all business sectors at the heart of the global economy. Additionally, Fujitsu’s strong orientation towards the environment, sustainability, and social/societal impact, has ensured it continues to be named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World (DJSI World), the world’s leading Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) index, year after year.
Fujitsu Intelligence Technology
Fujitsu Intelligence Technology Limited (FITL) is an emerging center of excellence and forward-looking innovation center in Fujitsu’s global operations for data science, artificial intelligence, quantum-inspired computing, and digital transformation. Located in Vancouver, Canada, and operating as a gateway to Fujitsu’s profound global engineering and innovation ecosystem, FITL is positioned as a digital transformation catalyst, working to grow Fujitsu’s AI and Digital Annealer-powered quantum-inspired computing business in North America and globally.
Comprised of a diverse and talented team of professionals committed to helping Fujitsu’s customers navigate an increasingly digital world, FITL believes that employee development, health and wellbeing, work-life balance, and diversity and inclusion are as important to them as being leaders in digital innovation. FITL’s goal is to create an environment where employees feel free to be their authentic selves at work and realize their full potential all while working collaboratively together to co-create transformative solutions at the heart of reimagining how businesses and society can thrive in this millenium.
We are looking for a
Vice President, AI and Optimization Technology
in our Vancouver BC office.
Working closely with the CEO and stakeholders at FITL and Fujitsu affiliates, The VP, AI and Optimization Technology, will be responsible to build a cohesive and comprehensive strategy to drive Fujitsu’s technical visions and roadmaps, champion Fujitsu’s AI, Machine Learning and Quantum-inspired technology solutions, and provide technical leadership to align company objectives with technology and solution development plans. This role will be acutely focused on customer and market need. The VP is a big thinker, technology visionary and driven to achieve market success, continually looking ahead and determining how best to leverage and differentiate Fujitsu and partner technologies to solve important customer problems.
Some of the VP Contributions would be:
- Provide technical leadership and strategies to support and drive Fujitsu's AI and Digital Annealer and revenue/profit objectives
- Develop and execute FITL's AI and Digital Annealer business plan in alignment with the company’s strategy
- Promote Fujitsu’s technical solutions and strategies to customers and partners and propose innovative new concepts and ideas to the CEO and leadership team aimed at maximizing customer and market opportunities
- As a public face of the technology for FITL, present at conferences, public forums and events becoming a key influencer and evangelist in the industry
- Accelerate and expand Fujitsu's AI and Digital Annealer-related business through establishing close relations with Fujitsu affiliates heads and partners
- Author and publish white papers that effectively position FITL’s vision and technologies at the intersection of customer problems and opportunities
- Develop strategic technical direction, incorporating internal and external partner roadmaps
- Lead a department of scientists and technical professionals
- Be a leading practitioner in areas of AI application with extensive industry contacts and a vast network
- Currently be a Technology Leader in some capacity (possibly a Principal Engineer, Chief Scientist, Technology VP) who aspires to be more involved in making strategic decisions in a company’s customer and market-oriented strategies
- Bring proven experience creating, applying, or popularizing AI techniques for commercial application preferably in one of these domains: Manufacturing, Healthcare, Chemical/drug discovery, Biotech, Financial, Energy, Transportation
- Possess a proven track record of anticipating technological advancement and developing business cases for such advancements
- Highly developed written and communication skills with exceptional presentation skills
- Proactive communicator who possesses the interpersonal skills to develop, maintain and build positive and productive relationships with all stakeholders
- Fact based, analytical and data driven – a business-based thinker
- Have experience working with industrial scale optimization problems
- Currently be contributing to the field in the form of published research, speaking engagements, participating in industry groups would be desirable