The position of the Assistant Manager is primarily to support the Store Manager to achieve the sales objectives, improve employee performance and ensure efficient store operations. This also includes proper merchandising and maintaining excellent customer service standards through leading by example and consistent coaching of the store team.
The Assistant Manager must adhere to all company policies and procedures and must demonstrate the upmost professionalism and integrity while supporting the Store Manager in creating a climate of trust and respect within the team.
The Assistant Manager is required to provide sales and customer service leadership to employees and project the company's culture and image through both excellent customer service and strong visual presentation techniques.
Other responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the implementation of strategies to achieve the store’s sales and profit budgets;
- In the absence of the Store Manager, the Assistant Manager must have the ability to oversee all store operations including: opening and closing the store, store cleanliness, re-stocking and merchandising, customer service and supervision of the store team;
- Providing excellent customer service and coaching Store Team accordingly;
- Supporting the Store Manager in ensuring company standards are followed in accordance with the employee manual;
- Comply with all head office requests (through the Ardene intranet communication system) regarding all store operations (i.e.: price points, visual merchandising, marketing, payroll, human resources, etc.)
- Performing related duties as directed by the Store Manager.
- Processing cash/credit/debit purchases at register using a Point of Sale (POS) system;
- Comply with policy and regulations as per the company’s employee manual with regards to integrity and loss prevention.
This is a temporary position covering a maternity leave until October 1, 2020.
- Minimum 1 year management experience or experience in a leadership role (preferably in a retail environment);
- High-school diploma;
- Excellent selling and customer service abilities;
- Strong time management, and priority setting skills;
- Ability to give and take direction;
- Friendly disposition and positive attitude.
- Must be able to lift boxes weighing up to 30 pounds, climb a ladder and use a box cutter;
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Ardene is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of an individual’s race, ancestry, color, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, family status, marital status or any other or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.