Medical Office Assistant
F/T or 2 P/T positions
We are looking to hire a Medical office assistant, at Broadmoor Chiropractic Clinic, with excellent organizational and administrative skills to help grow our presence in the community and on social media. Medical office assistants are expected to be compassionate and discrete with superb time management and record keeping skills.
To ensure success, Medical office assistants should be confident and professional administrators with fantastic communication and interpersonal skills that will contribute to the efficient day-to-day administration of the healthcare facility. Top candidates will work comfortably under pressure while multi-tasking in, at times, a fast-paced environment and can effectively problem solve.
We are building an integrative clinic in the community and hence are looking for someone who is passionate about integrative medicine/lifestyle or what we are trying to achieve. You will be working with a variety of practitioners but ideal candidate has some knowledge/experience with chiropractic therapy, naturopathic medicine, acupuncture, massage therapy, etc.
- Greet and attend to patients in person and over the phone.
- Inform patients of other services/practitioners in the clinic.
- Professionally assist doctors, staff, visitors and patients.
- Answer all phone calls in a professional and courteous manner.
- Perform all duties within Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) regulations
- Maintain confidentiality of all doctor, staff and patient information.
- Schedule appointments between doctors and patients.
- Liaise between medical departments with discretion and professionalism
- Adhere to policy and procedures during all activates.
- Assist with admissions/treatment as per agreed protocols.
- Complete accurate documentation of patient visits.
- Bachelors degree (advantageous).
- Administration certification (essential).
- 2 years of experience at a healthcare facility in a Medical Office Assistant role (essential).
- Working knowledge of Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) regulations, Jane Booking system & Direct Insurance Billing (highly advantageous).
- Innovative thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong organizational, administrative and planning skills.
- Ability to use discretion while working with sensitive information.
- Excellent documentation, communication and IT skills.
- Passionate about healthcare excellence.
Social Media/Marketing Requirements:
- Experience in Marketing or a Marketing student (asset)
- Working knowledge of social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
- Follows local city events and resourceful at finding opportunities to help build our presence as a clinic in the community of Richmond and surrounding areas of Vancouver & Ladner
- Very organized and able to build a database/schedule for regular posting of material
- An eye/talent for design, to help the practitioners/clinic build appealing social media posts and to grow our following
Add your Instagram, Facebook, Twitter account if you have one.
We will only contact applicants we are interested in meeting for an interview.
All others, we thank you very much for your interest.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- medical office assistant: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)