Position Summary Reporting to the General Manager, the Administrative Coordinator may provide confidential administrative support to the General Manager and other members of the management team. Central responsibilities include Payroll, Scheduling and HR support (new hires, etc). This position will be cross-trained with the Administrative Coordinator (Financial Management) for coverage when needed as well as provide Reception coverage if required. An ability to communicate effectively with staff, residents and their families is essential. This position will require a good working knowledge of the facility Collective Agreement to ensure Articles are adhered to, including: scheduling, leave of absences, seniority, vacancy postings, overtime, shift premiums and sick time allowance.
Responsibilities Payroll Functions
1. Calculate employee hours to be paid and enter into ADP system on a bi-weekly basis.
2. Complete Payroll Change forms for changes to employee data (i.e. wage rates, status, address, banking info, etc).
3. Monitor employee status changes and update wage rates & benefits options as required.
4. Maintain seniority lists.
5. Complete documents required by HRDC and Sun Life.
6. Prepares WCB documentation and assists GM/DOC with required follow-up.
7. Collect completed benefit forms, review information and forward to Payroll Dept.
8. Answer employee’s payroll and benefit questions, refer to Payroll Dept. when necessary.
9. Provide information and data as requested by the Payroll Dept.
10. Manages the EZLabour program (i.e. set-up of new employees, makes necessary changes to employee information, runs query exception reports and runs other adhoc reports as requested.)
11. In collaboration with department managers maintains department schedules to cover day to day staffing, long range staffing and planned vacancies. Also coordinates shift coverage for unplanned short term vacancies (i.e. short calls; due to sick calls, vacations, LOAs etc.). Following established facility Collective Agreement guidelines/procedures.
12. Produce a variety of confidential documents for the General Manager and management team members including correspondence, memos, reports, minutes and meeting agendas using a range of word processing and spreadsheet software packages (if applicable).
13. Maintains a well organized filing system for employee files, ensures files are kept up to date and protects the security of sensitive and confidential employee information.
14. Performs a variety of duties related to the staffing for the facility including maintaining timekeeping records for staff for payroll purposes, as well as, maintaining related records such as staff names, addresses, phone numbers and availability for work.
15. Maintain emergency fan out list with updated staff telephone numbers. (if applicable)
16. Answers the telephone, greets and screens both callers and visitors, responds to requests by providing information directly or directing inquiries to appropriate individuals within the organization (if applicable).
17. Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to payroll data and employee information.
18. Other duties as assigned
Qualifications 1. Grade 12 required, plus successful completion of a certificate or diploma in a related field from a college or technical school, preferred.
2. Proficiency with accounting procedures, reconciliation and bookkeeping preferred.
3. Minimum of two to three years recent related experience.
4. Experience processing medium to large payrolls.
5. Prior experience in interpreting and applying a collective agreement in a unionized environment, preferred.
6. Scheduling experience in a unionized environment an asset.
7. Proficient in the use of varied word processing and spreadsheet software packages. Proficient on Excel and Outlook.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
8. Good interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with the various individuals involved in providing holistic care in a flexible resident focused environment.
9. Ability to process a high-volume of data accurately and multi-task efficiently in a high paced environment.
10. Ability to work effectively with multiple critical timelines.
11. Demonstration of strong problem solving and customer service skills. Demonstrates responsiveness, flexibility and efficiency in a dynamic environment.
12. Ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently and understand verbal and written instructions.