Whether your passion is taking care of people, information or projects, our dedication to families and higher learning offers an opportunity to put your talents to good use.
CST is a growing organization that is continuously looking for qualified and skilled individuals to join our efforts to advocate, develop, deliver and support solutions that will enable every Canadian resident to have sufficient financial resources to pursue post-secondary education.
We are looking for a seasoned Web Developer with ReactJS experience to join the Canadian Scholarship
Trust team for a full-time position. This role reports to the Director Application Development and will be
responsible for providing design, development and support for CST’s digital initiatives, including its
current public and secure websites and web applications.
The Web Developer’s role is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications.
He/she will work closely with Marketing, Sales, Customer Experience and the Information Technology
teams for the purpose of delivering and maintaining custom solutions that meet the business needs. This
includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the
production lifecycle. The Web Developer will also analyze and amend software errors and provide
resolution to production support issues in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports
What’s in it for you?
Below are examples of some of the things you can take advantage of from this opportunity:
- Be part of a growing innovative company that’s a leader in their industry
- Work with a highly motivated, collaborative, and fun team/work environment
- Have the right key support team members to help you succeed in your role
- Competitive salary
- RRSP Group Pension Plan with company contributions
- Above industry standard benefits that starts on your first day (no waiting period); 100% company
- Annual performance bonus program
- Education reimbursement program (for approved courses)
- Great vacation package, plus additional personal days, study days, volunteer days, 10 paid sick
- Wellness Program (Ex. Gym membership, Health & Fitness Representative, and Masseuse on-
- Employees Recognition Program
- Organization & team celebration events (ex. Summer BBQs, Team Spirit Days, Holidays…)
- Employee Assistance Program and much more!!!
- Create system design document outlining the solution approach, including data models, class
diagrams and interface specifications
- Write software code according to specifications
- Run and monitor software performance test for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas
for improvement, and general debugging
- Develops and maintains websites and web applications using open source web technology stacks
- Follow established development standards and procedures
- Liaise with network administrators, database administrators, system analysts, business analysts,
quality assurance testers and other developers to assist in resolving technical problems
- Liaise with Marketing, Sales and Customer Experience teams to provide support and facilitate
solutions that meet the business needs
- Work with external parties engaged in providing support services for CST websites
- Participate and contribute to the development of the longer-term CST online strategy
- 5+ years of related web development work experience
- Post-secondary education/training in the field of computer science or software engineering
- Worked on projects with ReactJS for at least 1 year
- Thorough understanding of Flux Architecture
- Experience with hybrid mobile application development and technologies and IOS tools
- Strong HTML5 skills
- Understanding of CSS/CSS3, CSS Pre-processors & PostCSS
- Experience with Adobe CMS and/or WordPress CMS or similar systems is an asset; including
installing, configuring and developing and maintaining plugins
- Familiarity with principles of responsiveness; have at least 3 successful responsive solutions in
- Experienced with data structure libraries
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and modern authorization mechanisms
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in a fast-paced changing environment
- Proactive, takes initiative, and has great ability to-multi task
- Self-motivated, innovative and solutions-oriented
- Personable, energetic, positive with “can-do” attitude!
- Extensive working experience building web applications using open source technologies;
including Apache/Nginx, MySQL/MariaDB and PHP
- Have experience with Laravel, Composer, Vagrant, Homestead, Forge and Envoyer
- Experience with NPM and WebPack/Grunt/Gulp task runners
- Experience with web performance tuning
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience
- Solid experience with GIT or other similar source control systems
- Solid experience with all phases of the software development life cycle
- Familiarity with front-end development methodologies, from the layout/user interface to
relational database structures
To apply please email your resume to:
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and digital marketing
- On your email subject line please insert: Web Developer (with ReactJS experience)
Thank you for your interest in this job opportunity. Only those selected for an interview will be
contacted. We will consider your resume for other opportunities as they arise.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and
selection process. To request accommodation, please contact Maricel at 647-889-3403.