WestUrban Developments Ltd. a land development company based out of Campbell River, BC and working throughout Western Canada. We are currently accepting applications for the position of Purchaser.
We value people, relationships, innovation and culture. Our core business is multi-family apartments, townhomes and retail spaces. We're doing construction differently, and we're thinking outside the box about how we can improve our company and our industry. If you're looking for a company with a family dynamic where you can have opportunities to grow, and be challenged, then come join us!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Negotiate with suppliers for assigned product groups.
- Analyze drawings and specifications.
- Provide clear detailed quantity take offs.
- Work with and deal with concerns
- Ensure constant supply of material for all project sites.
- Provide up to date costing, both incoming and replacement for preparation of price lists, quotations and contracts.
- Develop and implement plans for surplus inventory, short supply situations, special customer requirements, etc.
- Set inventory turns, develop short and long-term plans to ensure inventory meets sales requirements
- To be responsible for the complete and accurate preparation of all documentation pertaining to the purchase and/or revisions of inventory requirements.
Education and Skills Required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to maintain relationships at all levels
- Strategic thinker, able to conceptualize and develop new programs and opportunities
- Ability to negotiate
- Well-developed problem solving and decision-making capabilities
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong computer competencies
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Minimum 3 years purchasing experience within the construction industry
- Possess or working towards (C.P.P.) Certified Professional Purchaser Accreditation would be an asset
We offer health benefits and competitive pay.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then we would love to hear from you - please apply here today.
Job Type: Full-time
- purchasing: 3 years (Required)