We have an opening for an experienced and results oriented scientist to take on a role as an Application Scientist at Bioinformatics Solutions Inc in (BSI) Waterloo Ontario.
Bioinformatics Solutions Inc. was founded in Waterloo, Canada in the year 2000 and has a long established history of generating innovative software platforms for the proteomics research community. We make software that easily, completely, sensitively and accurately retrieves the meaningful knowledge from complex experimental proteomic data. Furthermore, we offer complete de novo sequencing of antibodies and general proteomic services, using our state of the art mass spectrometry lab, house in our office in Waterloo.
We are seeing a team-oriented application scientist that will work with both the applications team and the service team to provide both support to customers as well as our internal development team. Our ideal candidate will have strong scientific and technical knowledge in the proteomics, mass spectrometry, and antibody engineering space. The candidate will work closely with other members of the interdisciplinary team including sales, applications, and software development and the laboratory team. The candidate will be passionate, outgoing, and motivated, to build relationships with potential customers.
- Handle customer inquiries, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within a timely fashion, and follow up to ensure resolution
- Perform data analysis, data interpretation, data visualization, and antibody sequencing for both internal and external projects
- Conduct research and method development to improve our proteomics lab in ways that are aligned with the strategic goals of the company
- Maintain good laboratory records
- Remain current with both relevant literature as well as technological developments in the field
- Contribute to marketing initiatives and strategies by generating scientific application notes and other scientific documents
- Present on behalf of the company at international conferences and trade shows (travel up to 10% of the time)
- PhD, or MSc with 3 years’ experience in biochemistry, analytical chemistry, immunology, or other protein chemistry or biological field
- Strong foundation and understanding if protein chemistry
- Mass Spectrometry experience is a strong asset
- Experience with sample preparation and general laboratory techniques
- Demonstrated problem solver who pays attention to details
- Ability to effectively communicate with management team
- Results driven with a proven ability to succeed
- Self-motivated with engaging level of enthusiasm
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and internal teams through all available mediums (excellent verbal, listening, writing, presenting skills in English)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Job Type: Full-time
- biochemistry: 3 years (Required)
- Master's Degree (Required)