- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years professional experience in software development building scalable, complex software systems
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures & algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, C#, Python
- Familiarity with distributed systems, non-relational data stores, AWS, and agile software development methodologies
Do you want to work with state-of-the-art computer science techniques, cutting-edge tools and technologies, solving real-world problems at massive scale? Do you want an opportunity to grow your career in an environment designed to allow engineers to thrive? Come and join us on the Pick UI team within Amazon Fulfillment Technologies. Have fun and make an impact for our associates and customers around the world!
Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) powers the physical engine at the heart of Amazon. AFT builds and operates software, hardware, and the processes that run the global network of fulfillment centers that move billions of units of inventory, employ tens of thousands of people, and ensure that customers get what they want when promised. We do this by building automated solutions to handle things that technology does well, while relying on people to handle things that humans do well.
The Pick UI team owns the user interfaces and back-end services used by Amazon associates to accurately and efficiently retrieve items from inventory to fulfill customer orders. We are at the intersection of virtual and physical processes, and are working to drive efficiency and a world-class experience in our fulfillment centers. We have an exciting roadmap of cutting-edge projects which will impact Amazon worldwide. At our scale, optimizations that you deliver will drive millions of dollars of savings, which can be passed on to Amazon customers.
As a software engineer at Amazon, you are responsible for much more than just writing robust, reliable, scalable and readable code. You operate a platform that powers our business. You work directly with the users of your software, to deeply understand the domain and identify opportunities for improvements and optimizations. You find and deliver practical technology solutions to real problems, being cognizant of the scale and impact of your systems.
Learn more about Amazon's warehouses & software engineering:
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.