Western Canadian Aerial Ltd., is currently recruiting for a Corporate Controller to join their team in Franklin, Manitoba. Reporting to the President, the Corporate Controller is a key member of the executive management team responsible for the financial strategy and integrity of the organization. Western Canadian Aerial Ltd. is the largest aerial application business in Canada. With chemical retail outlets located in Wellwood and Franklin, Manitoba, Western Canadian Aerial operates 16 Air Tractors and 1 Cessna AgTrucks through bases located in Starbuck MB, Wellwood MB, Franklin MB and Lamont AB. WCA is growing its operations across Western Canada and desire a Corporate Controller that can help grow the business.
The Corporate Controller will be a solid financial leader who has a proven track record as a hands-on professional proficient in developing and implementing financial systems, controls and best practices and procedures which meet the current and future demands of the organization. The Corporate Controller will be responsible for the day-to-day financial activities of the organization including: integrity of the financial systems, financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, costs analyses, and tax fillings. Candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit, the leadership to appreciate the complexity of a growing company, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, will find this an exciting and rewarding opportunity.
· Oversee the accounting and financial functions of the organization
· Create, develop and implement systems, processes and policies related to finance, financial reporting, treasury, tax, budgeting and retail product control.
· Plan, organize, manage and evaluate the accounting and finance department’s activities
· Develop key and operational performance indicators and targets
· Assist the President in the creation, tracking, measurement and analysis of financial and operational performance indicators and standard costs
· Establish and maintain effective internal and external audit activities and financial policies and procedures to ensure proper accounting standards and controls; engage and coordinate with external auditors and advisors
· Prepare consolidated and non-consolidated monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements across multiple entities and other financial analysis and projection reports
· Prepare remittances of regulatory and compliance requirements (PST, WCB, etc.)
· Manage the overall financial position of the company, including financial planning, budgeting activities, forecasts and cost accounting analysis
· Lead and guide the accounting team and work with managers at all office locations
· Participate in the strategic decision making process
Skills & Qualifications:
· A post-secondary degree in a related field (business administration or commerce) and a professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA or CGA) is required
· 5 - 10 years of experience in progressively responsible senior accounting and finance roles
· Must also demonstrate the following skills through past relevant leadership and management experience: strategic financial stewardship of company resources; exceptional financial planning, analysis and reporting; organization, time management and problem solving; the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; short and long term business planning; operational performance measurements and improvement; strategic business sense
· Strong understanding of corporate taxation, including income taxes and sales taxes
· Background in agricultural business or agricultural community is desired
· An entrepreneurial spirit, hands-on, detail oriented and keen adaptability to a dynamic, changing environment complemented with personal drive, resourcefulness, maturity, honesty and integrity and sound business judgment
If you feel you have the demonstrated background and are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume to
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent