DIETER'S AFTERNOON SHIFT IS 4:30 PM TO 3:00 AM, MONDAY TO THURSDAY. AFTERNOON SHIFT EMPLOYEES RECEIVE A $1/HOUR SHIFT PREMIUM ON TOP OF THEIR REGULAR WAGES.
Who We Are
At Dieter’s we have been manufacturing quality truck accessories since 1976. We are proud to have become one of the most respected names in the truck aftermarket industry by listening to our customers and then delivering a product that not only meets expectations – but exceeds them. Our dedicated team of craftspeople have access to state-of-the-art equipment and use only the best quality stainless steel to design, develop, and manufacture the parts that have built our brand.
But beyond what it says on our website, we’re a Company that truly cares about the people who work with us and wants the best for them - and their families. We’re a Company where the Executive Team members are the first to step up and assemble parts, grind welds, and come in at midnight to barbeque for the night shift. We make decisions not only for the continued success of the Company but also for what we believe will support the best interests of every Dieter’s employee.
We are looking for an afternoon shift General Labourer/Forklift Operator who can operate CNC machines, assemble parts, operate counterbalance forklifts, and most importantly handle materials with extreme care.
The Ins and Outs of the Job
Reporting to the Production Lead Hand, you will:
- Operate one or more light or heavy metal working machines such as shears, power presses, saws, plate rolls, drills, brakes, slitters, computer numerically controlled (CNC) equipment, and other hand tools to cut, bend, roll, ream, punch and drill, weld or otherwise shape and form metal stock into parts or products.
- Read simple drawings and/or blueprints and follow verbal instructions
- Check products for correct shapes, dimensions and other specifications
- Report all manufactured quantities for both good parts and scrap parts for each work order in the ERP System
- Operate counter balance forklifts to load equipment with raw materials
- Clean your work areas and equipment
- Complete other tasks as assigned by your Supervisor.
Who You Are
Your education and experience likely mean you:
- Have completed high school or have an equivalent certificate or experience
- 2 or more years experience in an machine operating or general labourer position in a manufacturing environment
- 1 or more years experience operating a counter balance forklift
- Experience handling stainless steel is preferred
- Handle everything you do with care and pride understanding that avoiding damage to the products you move is critical
- Have great people and communication skills – we’re a diverse workforce!
As a unique individual you:
- See and appreciate people for their distinctive abilities and life experiences
- Understand that open, honest, and timely communication can solve 95% of problems before they become bigger issues
- Think outside the box and challenge the status-quo
- Can solve problems creatively
While we’re not necessarily looking for someone who fits every single one of these criteria, the person who will be a long-term fit will likely meet the majority of both the hard and soft skills.
The Interviewing Process
Candidates can expect that the interviewing process will generally include:
- An in-person interview with Human Resources. You'll also have a chance to tour our facility.
- Reference checks
The Compensation Package
You will be rewarded for a job well done with a/an:
- A competitive wage of $18/hour to start with regular wage reviews
- A comprehensive benefits plan which includes access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- A pension matching program to help you save for your retirement
- In house training in a variety of machine operating or welding positions - if you want to learn, we're happy to teach you.
Additionally, you will be joining a team that:
- Has been built by a leadership team that genuinely cares about the people that work within our organization
- Does what we say we will – we’re ISO 9001, 14001, and IATF TS16949 certified
- Comes together to support our local community through a variety of giving and support initiatives
- Likes to shake it up and have some fun together from time to time (we like Oktoberfest!) **
- Supports a diverse workforce – we’re proud to say our employees span all generations and backgrounds.
**All social activities are planned in a manner than complies with any applicable COVID regulations and respects employee comfort levels for group activities. Events may be put on hold or rescheduled as the pandemic continues to evolve.
How to Apply
Still with us? Fantastic! If this role sounds like it might be right for you, we ask that you kindly submit a resume for consideration as soon as possible. If this isn’t the right fit for you, but you think you know someone who might be successful in this position please encourage them to reach out to us!
We thank everyone in advance for their interest in working with Dieter’s, however only qualified applicants will be invited to move through the interviewing process. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage applications from all candidates no matter their sex, gender identity or expression, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected ground under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), Dieter's Metal Fabricating Ltd. is committed to providing accessible employment practices for every person. Applicants who require accommodation during the recruiting process are asked to make their requests directly to the Human Resources department by calling 519-884-8555 x 116. We will make every effort to ensure that accommodation requests are met throughout the recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- Evening shift
Supplemental pay types:
Dieter's complies with all Provincial and Public Health requirements necessary to fight the COVID-19 pandemic and protect our employees and the public. Our precautions continue to evolve as necessary.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cambridge, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Machine Operator: 2 years (preferred)
- Forklift: 1 year (preferred)
- fluent English (required)