Host/Hostesses job duties:
- The main duties are the greeting of the guest and payment of the bill. These tasks must at all times follow the Cora Steps of service.
- Follow the standards and the Cora steps of greeting
- Verify the seating section
- Verify the set-up of the cash (rolls of change, bills, rolls of paper, pens, Cora stamp and inkpad, etc.)
- Inquire about the soup and the dessert of the day
- Inquire about the ongoing promotion
- Verify the reservations for the day and prepare the tables
- Pass on all the comments or suggestions from the guests to the Service Manager or to the Operator
- Know the menu thoroughly (specials and promotion)
- Advise the guest on the available choices
- Always verify the cleanliness of the restaurant
- Be attentive and available to the needs of the guests
- Responsible for complete satisfaction of the guests, from the moment they arrive to their departure
- Observe and react to all situations involving the dissatisfaction of a guest
- Receive money and process payment
- At the request of the Operator or the Manager, close the cash at the end of the day
- At the request of the servers, refill coffees and glasses of water
- Responsible for the « take-out » orders.
Job duties for the line cook:
- Prepares meals in accordance with the portion and quality standards in recipes or as directed by the Kitchen Supervisor/Manager
- Ensure stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food on the line; set up station before service
- Do prep as required during routine shift and also on a daily basis
- Advise Supervisor/Manager of low inventory items: reports all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to Supervisor/Manager
- Maintains sanitation and cleanliness standards in the kitchen and storage areas that meet or exceed the provincial and local Health Board inspection
- Completes Audits (eg: Food temperatures, Storage Temperatures)
- Public Health Food Safety Certification (Preferred)
- Ensure strict adherence to customer service, quality standards and efficient operations.
- Ensure operation is compliance with all policies, procedures and rules and regulations.
- Assist the Supervisor/Manager as requested with all aspects of restaurant operations.
- Handled and provide suggestions to handle operational issues.
- Side duties as required e.g. sweep and mop, dusting, washrooms
- Dishwashing, Cleaning and Sanitization, restocking and Inventory as requested
- Other duties as required.
Email resume or apply in person with a resume between 6am and 3pm. Depending on the volume of customers interviews will be help on the spot.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)