EXISTING CNC CUPE Employees:
For all Administrative postings please disregard the following statement. For CUPE postings please refer to Article 9.01 (d) of the CUPE Collective Agreement to ensure you have met the eligibility requirements to apply to CUPE competitions.
Employment Status Full Time Employment Type Leave Replacement Job Summary
Responsible for the on-going administrative operations of the Career Technical Centre within the College and in close cooperation with various school districts.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Acting as a primary contact person for the Career Technical Centre at CNC, including for students, parents, school districts, Career Prep coordinators, counsellors, CNC instructors
- Developing, implementing and maintaining all daily and on going office administration systems, including user databases, invoices,
- On-going assessment, development and implementation of appropriate administration systems to meet the needs of the CTC. This involves liaising with staff at both the College and school districts to define and establish workable procedures, including counselling, admissions and computer services;
- Extensive correspondence and liaison with schools regarding program and student status, including the use of school forms, tracking students through the school system, boarding system etc.;
- Statistical reporting and specific financial reporting as required;
- Responsible for registration of students with Industry Training Authority in appropriate programs for funding purposes
- Developing and maintaining accurate and current databases, to meet the needs of both the College and the school districts;
- Understanding the policies and procedures of the College and the school districts, including practices around admissions and registration, dual credits, transfer of marks, grades and advancement;
- Providing support to CTC School District 57 coordinator and CTC instructors, including contacting students, preparing materials, coordinating mailings, booking appointments;
- Coordinate and assist with interviewing potential students for program entry
- Schedule and co-ordinate appointments and maintain daily calendar for CTC Coordinator
- Assisting internal and external clients with accessing CTC information and services successfully; preparing and delivering information sessions;
- Required to play an active role in marketing of CTC programs and recruitment initiatives
- Responsible for reconciling receipts on the Corporate Credit Cards for administrators.
- Organization of new student orientations and annual graduations; solicitation of donations and awards as required;
- Planning, coordinating and implementing appropriate success tracking methods for both students and programs;
- Maintaining confidentiality;
- Customer service functions, including front desk and telephone information services;
- Development of marketing and promotional materials and resources in all formats; maintaining websites;
- Reviewing financial reports and providing current information;
- You will be part of a team actively engaged in contributing to and accomplishing the vision, mission, and goals of the College and in supporting the aspirations and needs of our learners.
- You will promote a positive work atmosphere by interacting and communicating in a professional manner that demonstrates mutual respect with students and colleagues.
- Assisting with coordination of apprenticeship courses, including student recruitment and liaising with industry.
- Coordination of trades and technologies events (may include Regional Skills Competition, trades days, etc.)
- Assisting with Trades & Technologies tasks as required
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum two year diploma in office or business management, and a minimum of three years’ experience in a position with similar levels of responsibility, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to liaise effectively and efficiently between multiple institutions with differing systems, and support the development and maintenance of complementary administrative procedures between the two organizations.
- Demonstrated experience dealing with both youth and mature students.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the trades.
- Ability to develop and maintain efficient and effective office procedures
- Excellent, proven skills in maintaining accurate records
- Excellent skills in spreadsheet construction and application, database construction and application
- Proficient in appropriate technological resources including the following areas:
o Word processing
o Spreadsheet construction and application
o Database application
o Web maintenance
o E-mail, Internet and Web based research
o Survey building and interface with student services software.
- Minimum keyboarding speed of 50 wpm
- Proven ability to provide accurate, complete and current information on short notice
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong skills in working with office procedures and systems
- Excellent skills in problem-solving
- Proven ability to work with a demanding workload, changing priorities, and continuous interruptions and to coordinate activities with other units, both at the College and the School District
- Proven ability to present information in a public setting
- Ability to work independently and meet demanding work schedules and deadlines
- Proven ability to maintain positive working relationships internally and externally
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; Ability to work with discretion, in accordance with privacy laws and with diplomacy and judgement in public, on behalf of the College
- Ability to work positively in a busy, demanding environment
Band G Grade NA Salary $52,965 per year Location Prince George CNC Campus Prince George Department School of Trades & Technologies
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number 19-291SP
Employee Group Operational
Desired Start Date 04/06/2020
Position end date (if temporary or seasonal) 04/09/2021
Additional Appointment Details
Position End Date April 9, 2021 or return of incumbent.
Number of Hours per week 35
Posting Competition Status Accepting Applications
Open Date 03/18/2020
Screening Date 03/29/2020
Remain Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instruction/Details to Applicant