Job title :
LONG–TERM CARE ATTENDANT
SWAN VALLEY LODGE
RELIEF FULL TIME
Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and adaptability? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Then we want you to come join our team at Swan Valley Lodge in Creston!
Swan Valley Lodge is a 90 bed facility including a maximum of 6 respite/convalescent beds and a 23 bed secured dementia unit. Our client-centred philosophy is designed to support clients’ choices, help people function at their highest level and provide the best quality of life possible.
As the Long-term Care Attendant (LTCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide care and support in a long-term care setting. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, LTCA’s have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each client, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are supported, while promoting maximum independence.
Typical duties include:
- Assist client's with personal care and activities of daily living
- Assist with mobility, transfers and related equipment
- Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
- Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
- Observe and report changes in behavior and condition
- Accompany clients on outings and during social activities
- Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks
This is a Full Time Relief opportunity until return of incumbent. Shifts of work are rotating days, evenings, and nights, with shifts times of 07:00 to 15:00, 07:00 to 15:13, 15:00 to 23:13, 15:00 to 23:00, and 23:00 to 07:13.
Many new employees start out in casual or temporary positions before being successful on a permanent position and having a long and rewarding career with Interior Health. This is your opportunity to join a great team who really cares about their clients and their community. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
- Grade 10
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Aide Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your active number)
- Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please upload a copy of your health care certificate.*
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
- Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.