SilverStar Mountain Resort are looking for a professional line cooks to prepare food to the Chefs standard. Line cook duties will consist of assisting the head chef and sous chef with their daily tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
· Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
· Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
· Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
· Answer, report and follow the chef’s or sous chef’s instructions
· Clean up station and take care of leftover food
· Stock inventory appropriately
· Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
· Comply with sanitation regulations and safety standards “FOOD SAFE”
· Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
· Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook
· Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
· Familiar with industry’s best practices
· Culinary school diploma an asset
· Positive attitude
We have Staff Housing available.
SALARY - Depending on experience. Summer Season Pass, and other great benefits included.
* You must be eligible to work in Canada. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted, thank you for your interest in SilverStar Mountain Resort *
Job Type: Full-time