Join our Home Hardware Team as an HR Department Assistant! This role is located at our Dealer Support Centre in St. Jacobs, Ontario. Reporting to the Manager, HR Shared Services, you will be responsible for providing administrative assistance and support to the Human Resources Department, which includes all functions of HR Operations, Total Rewards, and Talent Management.
If you have excellent communication skills, attention to detail and want to make a positive impact with your work, we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
Serve as a first point of contact for Team Member calls, walk-ins, and inquiries. Direct Team Members to appropriate destination for response or follow-up.
- Manage HR inboxes and Team Member suggestion box. Investigate and respond to Team Member suggestions and inquiries.
- Perform administrative duties such as incoming mail distribution, invoicing, filing, stocking office supplies, booking meetings/taking minutes, and managing bulletin boards and cafeteria TV slideshows/videos.
- Maintain email distribution lists, Team Member mailing lists, and Facebook group member lists (Distribution Centre and Corporate).
- Support the Talent Acquisition team by preparing new hire packages, meeting with Team Members to complete new hire or staff change documents as needed, and assist with other tasks during high volume recruitment periods.
- Generate employment verification letters for Team Members, upon request.
- Send out new hire performance reviews to Leaders, and track the submission of completed documents.
Generate ID badges for Team Members and Contractors. Administer badge deactivations for terminations, and maintain badge supplies. Administer the Keyscan program which includes generating reports for analysis.
- Administrate HR Downloads, including sending training packages to new hires, monitoring completion of training courses, and generating reports as requested.
What we’re looking for:
1-2 years of administrative experience.
- Effective organizational and time management skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all situations.
- Strong computer skills, experience using Microsoft products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with HRIS and online learning software beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to prioritize and react to changing situations; ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work additional hours as required to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
Home Hardware recognizes the value of a diverse team. We believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences make us stronger as an organization. Applicants representing the full diversity of communities in Canada are encouraged to apply with confidence. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.