Looking to make a big impact at a thriving startup? Are you talented, ambitious, and looking for unlimited room to grow?
SafetyTek is looking for a Full Stack Developer to lead our cross-functional engineering teams working on core product. Our users are building some of the most amazing construction projects around the world, and our mobile & web apps are critical tools in their workflows.
As a Full Stack Developer of this team you will be responsible for leading and expanding our team of engineers. Team members work across the following stacks: Backend (Node, Neo4j, RDS, MySQL), Frontend (React), iOS & Android (React Native).
SafetyTek is a workplace safety engagement platform that replaces the entire safety process using real-time tracking of leading indicators with field level data collection, safety manager data portals for decision making, and executive reporting systems to ensure their effectiveness for the purposes of decreasing incidents on site.
What You Will Do:
We expect you to join as a Developer for some period of time before taking over the Manager role.
- Collaborate closely with your product and design counterparts to estimate, scope and iterate on upcoming projects
- Ensure everyone on the engineering team has a clearly prioritized backlog of work and that they understand the context of their projects (which process you choose to implement this does not matter)
- Be responsible for stability and quality of the features shipped on your team
- Participate in technical reviews for upcoming projects and help shape implementation tactics, keeping short-term customer value and the longer-term technical foundation in mind
- Challenge team members and help them grow
- Recruit, hire and develop team members
What We Look For:
- Have high expectations for your team and yourself
- Have significant experience shipping software such that even our strongest team members can learn something from you
- Have a track record of leading high performing teams. This doesn't mean you must have been a people manager, but you should have led/mentored a small group of engineers in some capacity
- Are a crystal clear communicator in verbal and written form
- Have a desire to understand the larger engineering org as well as the product and business as a whole
- Foster an environment that combines debate, collaboration, honesty and a strong focus on results
What to expect:
- Competitive salary, stock options
- Top of the line healthcare coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible time-off - recharging and taking time off is a priority for us
- Fully-stocked fruit and snack bar with breakfast items
- Team happy hours and team building events
- A fun, relaxed business environment where people matter above all
- Continuous support and internal training and coaching from the business
- Opportunities to grow personally and professionally by learning new skills
This isn’t just about us getting to know you. We believe that you need to get your hands dirty and make sure SafetyTek is the right career opportunity for you.
So feel free to ask lots of questions, read up on our company news, check out our website and peep our social media channels.
As you get to know what we’re all about, we hope that you’ll become increasingly confident and excited that SafetyTek could be your next move.
Once your application is received and reviewed, qualified candidates will move on to our next steps.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $77,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- Engineering Team: 2 years (Preferred)