DriveCare is the global leader in preventing distracted driving, with the head office located in Bedford, Nova Scotia. We are a small team that promotes a strong work-life balance and cultivates professional development in a cooperative environment for all team members.
We are looking for full time developers with a passion for solving unique problems and overcoming challenges in their day-to-day work. We make products that help to save lives, and we’re looking for enthusiastic individuals who want to make a difference.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Quality assurance, debugging, optimizing performance
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills And Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and/or SASS
- Proven working experience in enterprise web development
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.