Aer Rianta is one of the major international airport Duty Free Boutiques Operator. We continuously have positions open in different areas: cosmetics, sales, purchasing, finance, warehouse etc. You name it, we’re hiring!
Successfully create and develop strategies to increase the Asian market’s actual spend
through effective leadership and development of strategic partnerships to achieve
the ARI Strategy of “Creating an Outstanding Shopping Experience Every Time”.
The Loop Duty Free is currently seeking a Manager of Commercial Development Asia Market in our stores at the Montreal- Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport. Come join our team!
Your day will look like this:
- Create and Develop key partnerships with Tour Group Leaders using various channels to increase and maximize spend within The Loop Duty Free stores
- Identify potential partnership opportunities with Local Travel Agents/Guides to influence the Asian passengers’ actual spend
- Ensure effective strategies are implemented to increase People’s Republic of China (PRD) spend at The Loop Duty Free
- Secure promotional/business funding to improve the business’ profit and loss and provide greater value for our customers
- Proactively be aware of and analyze upcoming Asian market trends to develop new business opportunities
- Present innovative ideas to the Marketing team for promotions or campaigns that will capitalize on Asia passenger spend
- Review and approve all Asia target marketing activities with emphasis on the design and mechanics
- Ensure all relevant financial budget requirements are kept within the desired spend, including but not limited to, salary and wages, and business development activities
- Provide and present any business cases for potential business opportunities
- Deliver business presentations on Asian Market strategies by identifying areas of opportunities and growth relevant to specific Asian Market Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the business
- Review sales and operational processes by identifying areas of improvement and possible risks
- Coach and motive a team of sales associates ensuring there is always an in-depth understanding of operations
- Ensure the ARI Values are embedded within the team
- Create and execute SMAART objectives for the team
- Execute Shift Excellence briefings and review Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Establish team strategies to maintain positive staff engagement through staff incentives, challenges and communication
- Develop the team with effective planning, leadership and communication skills by ensuring regular reviews and succession planning within the team
- Collaborate and communicate effectively across multiple levels within the organization.
- Attend purchasing, vendor and key stakeholder meetings or floor walks to provide key insights on the businesses performance and identify growth opportunities.
- Be flexible and available when required to respond to the requirements of an operation that runs from 4:00am until 11:00pm
- Maintain good working relationships with all key stakeholders including ADM, Customs, airport stake holders, always follow airport regulations and procedures
- Be committed to promoting, managing and following health and safety policies and procedures
- The Employee agrees to undertake such other duties assigned to him/her by the Employer
Do you have what it takes?
- At least 2 years of proven management experience with a focus on Asian markets
- 3 years of sales experience in retail setting
- Experience negotiating with travel agents, tour guides and customers
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills in French, English and Mandarin
- Ability to influence stakeholders and present compelling cases for implementation of key initiatives
- Understanding of current and potential channels of trade and marketing within the Asian market
- Talent for leading a team and inspiring sales and customer service standards
- Strong business acumen with a solid understanding of retail KPIs
- Experience of successfully motivating, coaching and mentoring team members
- Competency with recruitment and employee relations activities, including performance
- Ability to multi-task, utilize strong decision making and remain calm under pressure
- Flexible with regards to working hours to support the retail operation (4:00am until 11:00pm)
- Proficient with personal computers and contemporary software applications (including MS Office
- Suite, Outlook, Excel, Word, Internet Explorer, etc)
- Degree in Business related field preferred
What we will do for you!
Smiles: Dental coverage
Health: Full medical insurance
Looking out for your future: Benefit from our generous retirement plan
Luxuries: Discount on purchases made at The Loop Duty Free!
Transport: Easily accessible by public transport and free parking
Need someone to talk to? Speak to a counselor through our Employee Aid Program
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)