The Maintenance Attendant is responsible for the provision of maintenance services under the general direction of the Operations Supervisor and / or the Property Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:Required level of education and job-related experience:
- Performs maintenance activities to meet owner / tenant requirements and communicates any cleaning / maintenance deficiencies to Operations Supervisor or Property Manager;
- Key activities include general maintenance / handyman activities such as repairing door locks, changing light bulbs, minor pump maintenance and shoveling snow;
- When required also assists with performance of washing, dusting, emptying litter and recycling containers and operating cleaning equipment;
- Secures assigned properties after hours by locking doors, closing windows, turning on/off lights as required and resetting security alarms, as required;
- Uses resources proactively to effectively and efficiently action a remedy to any site deficiencies (in areas such as site cleanliness, signage, general grounds condition, landscaping, snow removal, general building condition) with attention to detail;
- Services tenant requests and work orders as they are received;
- Responsible for mechanical rounds and the water treatment program;
- Monitor computer/building automation systems, fire alarm systems, commanding, scheduling equipment as requested;
- Ensures compliance with corporate and legislated policies, procedures, practices, practices and guidelines related to environmental, health and safety, and fire protection;
- May be required to work on-call/standby and emergency call-out as required.
- Preference will be given to candidates with 3-5 years’ experience in Shopping Centre, Commercial Building & or Residential maintenance;
- MUST HAVE a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle;
- Certification in First Aid, such as St. John’s Ambulance;
- Positive attitude toward all aspects of Environment, Health and Safety;
- Knowledge of national and industry codes and standards such as WHMIS;
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions, work off of ladders, man lifts & elevated platforms;
- Knowledge of building codes and regulatory governance.
Excellent compensation commensurate with experience and full benefit package. Successful applicants will be subject to a background check.
Accessibility support and accommodations for disabilities, wherever appropriate, will be provided in the recruitment process on request.