OnX is a leading data center infrastructure and application provider that serves businesses, health care organizations, and government agencies across Canada. From Unified Communications to Cloud Services and beyond, OnX combines deep technical expertise with a full suite of flexible technology solutions that drive business outcomes, improve operational efficiency, mitigate risk, and reduce costs for its clients. For more information, please visit www.onx.com.
OnX Application Services is seeking a technically sound Solutions Architect to drive both Pre and Post-sales implementations with our clients.
The ideal candidate will have in-depth experience with Web Services such as REST, and Backbone, as well as an Object Oriented languages background. You will be expected to be hands on when needed, and it will be a key aspect of the role. The right candidate will also act as the point person between R&D and our partners. Experience within the eCommerce space, or the retail industry is required. This role will report into the VP of Innovations and Technology and may be located at our corporate offices (Toronto, ON) or via remote-based home office.
- As part of pre-sales and post-sales phases, architect and design leading ecommerce solutions that support industry leading best practices in technology, features, performance and scalability.
- Lead teams of Implementation Consultants comprised of OnX, customer and partner resources. Provide technical direction and guidance, development oversight, and support the successful delivery of projects.
- Responsible for the technical design of client solutions. This includes a lead role in project discovery and definition workshops, creating scope and development estimates, and documenting requirements and designs.
- Provide technical problem resolution to complex issues.
- Contribute to on-going process and methodology improvements within the Client Services team.
- Work with cross functional teams such as engineering and product management to provide feedback and support the evolution of the product.
- Solutions/Technical Architecture experience designing and implementing complex enterprise applications in B2C eCommerce.
- Experience implementing REST web services
- Strong OO foundation
- The ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies and convert them into customer solutions.
- Direct customer facing and implementation delivery experience in a Consulting or Professional Services organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- BS or BA in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- 10+ years work experience; with 5+ years in professional services/consulting.
- Prior experience leading and working with geographically dispersed development teams.
- Experienced with web technologies, J2EE, Java, SOA, application servers, portal servers, middleware, ecommerce, enterprise application integration, databases, security, performance & scalability.
- Up to 50% travel
No unsolicited agency referrals please. For a listing of all opportunities at OnX, please go to www.onx.com/careers. To be considered for this opportunity, please "Apply" online. Thank you!
In compliance with Canadian Employment Standards all qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regards to race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sex orientation, age, record offences, marital status, family status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
OnX provides reasonable accommodations for qualifying individuals with disabilities in our job application and interview procedures. If you would like to request an accommodation for any part of the application and/or interview process, please contact our HR Compliance Department at 1-513-841-6310 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.