Responsible for the work of customer service representatives and warehouse staff. The incumbent will ensure co-ordination of customer (patients, homecare staff, nurses, etc) requirements with pharmacy, warehouse, shipping, finance and sales. Actively supports effective communication between purchasing, sales and other internal staff.
- Provides guidance and direction to the department employees to ensure they are properly trained and further ensures the most efficient and effective use of resources
- Leads and coaches department employees to meet the company’s expectations for productivity and quality
- Assists in the development and implementation of standard operating procedures for the customer service and warehouse function.
- Supports communication among all departments and conducts regular staff meetings with the department to ensure common understanding of company goals.
- Through liaison with the pharmacy, warehouse and shipping departments, the supervisor ensures optimal customers service levels and effective use of company resources.
- Contributes resources and ideas toward the improvement of the computer programs used by customer service and warehouse staff.
- Performs all work in an SAP Environment
- Oversees audit control function and completes all applicable documentation for the maintenance of the inventory.
- Prepares customer credits and rebills within a timely manner and submits to Finance for follow-up.
- Maintains relations with external suppliers and couriers and ensures that quality agreements and licenses are kept current.
- Prepares monthly reports for distribution to appropriate Managers/Directors and customer groups.
- Attends meetings when requested with key customer contacts and client groups both inside and outside of the organization. Provides support to business development to secure key customer relations.
- Oversees and provides support to the Warehouse Receiver for inventory control and other issues and assists when needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Community College graduate in a related field or equivalent experience
- At least five years’ experience in a customer service environment/staff management .
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry would be considered a strong asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of warehouse receiving procedures and experience in inventory management in SAP would be considered an asset
- Good interpersonal skills, demonstrated organizational ability and leadership capabilities
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to collaborate with all levels both inside and outside the organization
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and handle fluctuating workloads
- Excellent continuous improvement skills
- Proven ability to adhere to standards & procedures and maintain confidentiality