*Events Coordinator/ Kingsbridge Management
(Part Time Permanent - candidate must be located in the Qualicum/ Nanaimo/ Parksville area)
Who we are: Qualicum Beach Inn is a perfect blend of romance, charm and convenience, and reflects the values and character that make Qualicum Beach such a wonderful place to work and live. Located by the beach and near the heart of town, golfing and recreation, there is an abundance of activities to enjoy during your stay.
The Inn underwent a substantial renovation in 2015 and now boasts 32 stylishly updated rooms – most of them facing the ocean. We are known for our beautiful rooms in beautiful surroundings.
Kingsbridge Management is a fast-growing hotel management company with corporate offices based in Victoria, BC. We create special places, properties, and service which inspire authentic experiences as unique as our guests. We seek to provide our guests an experience that is informed by their reasons for choosing us. Please visit our website kingsbridgemanagement.com to learn more about us.
Who you are: You are a versatile individual, who has a proactive approach and thrives in a result driven environment. You welcome feedback and love to lend your skills to a diversity of projects. You like puzzles and thinking outside of the box for solutions. You want to work for a fast-growing organization where there is lots of opportunity for growth.
Position Summary: As the Events Coordinator, you plan and coordinate the details of events, from logistical planning to the intricate decorations that dictate the overall mood and success of professional meetings and social parties. You work in a fast-paced environment, organizing the tasks of many different groups of people for the events booked in the hotel.
- Creates and execute BEO’s for events
- Coordinate activities of the F&B/ Catering Department with other departments to ensure excellent service to guests
- Upsell where ever possible
- Assist in preparing weekly and monthly reports
- Always presents a professional demeanor as a representative of Kingsbridge Management
- Develops and maintains relationships with clients
- Responds promptly (within 24 hours) to guest requests and inquiries and follows up to ensure utmost guest satisfaction.
- Answer all incoming calls to the general special events department extension in a professional manner.
- Handle inquiry calls; qualify sales leads by obtaining pertinent information and transferring caller to appropriate member of sales department.
- Assist in administrative tasks of the department as assigned and directed by the Restaurant Manager
- Enter contracts, activities and bookings into PMS
- Assist event staff in all aspects of servicing client
- Finalize the requirements of personally booked catering events while maximizing revenue potential through up selling and ensuring effective communication both written (Resumes, BEO, Daily Reports) and personal contact with all departments for the success of the event
- Handle meeting room bookings, utilizing the reservation system and focusing on the strategic assignment of meeting space to maximize utilization.
- Sending initial confirmations in connection with bookings and following up at specified intervals prior to the event to confirm the status of the meeting, the accuracy of participant counts, the need for special equipment, etc.
- Coordinating a wide range of services for meetings which have been booked, including Audio Visual requirements, food and beverage requests, conference room set-ups, signage, distribution of materials, etc.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or job experience equivalent
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience in hotel catering sales or related industry
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of property to skillfully articulate and present to clients.
- Has proficient computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. Able to perform a power point sales presentation.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language with strong contract negotiation skills and proven track record for effectively closing group business.
- Excellent attention to detail and follows thru
- Experience with Google suite preferred
If you would like to join our team, please submit your cover letter and resume through this posting only. Candidates must be located in the Qualicum Beach, BC area. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted directly. Do not contact us with unsolicited offers or services.
Job Type: Part-time
- event coordination: 1 year (Preferred)
- hotel: 1 year (Preferred)