Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Falling trees according to site prescriptions.
- FireSmart assessments and mitigation work.
- Work on selective vegetation management using mulcher, chainsaws, mowers, etc.
- Performance of other duties as assigned.
- Be part of a BC wildfire crew during peak seasons.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Ability to adhere to all standards under the Occupational Health and Safety Act as well as Municipal policies, and WHMIS guidelines
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely under stressful conditions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team, with co-workers and the public.
- Strong work ethic.
- Positive attitude and highly motivated.
Education and Experience
Preference is given to those with the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class 5 driver's license
- Standard First Aid Certificate with CPR
- Must hold a valid BC Fallers ticket
Must be willing to travel.
Job Type: Contract
- chainsaw: 1 year (Preferred)
- First Aid (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Class 5) (Preferred)