Job title :
COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER
SPARWOOD HEALTH CENTRE
We are currently seeking several casual Community Health Workers to join our team in Sparwood Home Support. Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and strong work ethics? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? If the answer is 'yes' then we want to hear from you!
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
Services are provided 7 days a week in the community so shifts may be offered on any day of the week. Hours of services are 07:00 to 22:00 and we are looking for candidates with a desire to accept shifts during varying times of day and week, particularly evenings and weekends. This position serves clients in the Sparwood and Elkford areas but we are also looking for applicants interested in picking up shifts in the Fernie area as well.
Typical duties include:
- Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
- Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
- Assistance with mobility and transfers
- Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
- Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 40 hours per week.
If you are looking for an opportunity to do meaningful work supporting your clients while working with a great team, Sparwood Home Support is the place for you. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum.
- Grade 12
- Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
- BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
- Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
- Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please provide a copy of your certificate.*