- Responsible for overall well-being and care of dogs at our facility:
- Handle general care tasks such as potty breaks, feeding and grooming
- Handle daily cleaning and disinfecting
- Keep records of feedings, health and other updates
- Engage in training and play activities and exercise with the dogs under guidance of lead trainer or assistant. * Greet customers and their pets
- You must have a strong work ethic, character, ability to multitask, spend a good amount of time on your feet, have exceptional attention to detail, and a love of life, dogs and people!
EACH and EVERY DAY we offer and ensure professional, friendly and exceptional enrichment, education and care for our human clients and dog students, so that they have a great time while learning about life together AND building a bond that lasts a lifetime! We take pride in our work, measuring our success by the happiness of our dogs during and at the end of each day, their manners and their success with their owners for life well beyond graduation! Our dogs and their owners love our school so much that many dogs often return for staycations while their humans enjoy time away!
Positions work between 20 and 40 hours per week. We are in the education and hospitality business which means we are open when it is best for our customers. Evenings, Weekends, and Holidays are a must!
Pay is low and rewards are high! Pay increases quickly for the right candidate.
- Always smiling and energetic
- Strong desire to learn and grow
- Enjoys a fast-paced, physically active environment with the highest standard of learning and care
- Excellent with people AND with dogs
- Computer and smart phone savvy - especially for capturing action/teaching videos and photos
- High level of organizational ability
- Ability to multitask while maintaining exceptional focus on teaching, pet care and training with attention to detail
- Ability to handle frequent change well
- Works well under pressure and with tight timelines
- Possesses an innate ability to create smoothness from chaos
- Seeking long-term, rewarding employment (i.e. more than 1 year)
- Looks over our website and our Facebook pages before applying so you can see who we are and what we are about!
Job Types: Internship, Contract
Salary: $12,000.00 to $20,000.00 /year
- Customer Service and Pet Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Kawartha Lakes, ON (Preferred)
- Ontario Driver's Licence (Preferred)