WaveStar Networks is seeking a number of full time Jr Field Technicians to join our low voltage Electrical Power Systems team for the installation of, and circuit connection to low voltage -48VDC Power Plants in use by Industrial, Telecom, Cable, Internet and Data Centre organizations. Ideal candidates are those who enjoy the physical challenges of building large systems but also obsess over the smallest of details. Currently we are seeking candidates who can serve our Brampton area customers.
- Assist in the install, turn up and testing of various low voltage DC Power Plants from start to completion
- Install rectifier bay frames, battery bay frames, ladder cable trays, overhead supporting structures and other required iron work
- Install, measure, cut, run, crimp and lace all sizes of TelcoFlex power cable, from 6AWG to 750MCM.
- Install various types of large sealed and liquid cell storage batteries e.g. BAE, Unigy II, GNB, EnerSys and C&D
- Install/removal of specialty fuse panels and circuit breakers inside power bays with live low voltage bus bars
- Assist in live cutovers on new or existing equipment and take all necessary precautions to prevent service disruptions, including absolute adherence to the customer’s Change Management processes
- General operation and maintenance of various power plants including Emerson/Vertiv, Alpha, Lucent, Tyco and Argus
- Knowledge of low voltage -48VDC power plants including rectifiers, batteries, racking and connections is an definite asset
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to lift and pull oversized power cables onto cable trays or under computer room raised floors
- Able to safely use various small hand and power tools
- Demonstrable quality of workmanship
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task at several concurrent projects
- Schedule flexibility and ability to work occasionally after hours and overnight
- Ability to travel extensively and on short notice, service area is all of Ontario (Windsor-GTA-Ottawa-North Bay-Sudbury)
- Possess a valid Driver’s License and good record (Abstract will be required before hiring)
- Own personal transportation is a must for within the GTA
- General computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
WaveStar Networks, now located in Richmond Hill ON, is a Canadian company with over 15 years’ experience providing a wide array of network infrastructure and communication system services, as well as professional and consulting services to telecommunication/ISP providers, data centre operators and corporate/business customers. We are continually looking for quality candidates for all our job postings, regardless of how long they’ve been posted. Please visit our website for additional information on us then search here for the many other opportunities available.
Job Type: Full-time
- electrical: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Ontario Driver's Licence (Required)