Community Living Hamilton serves people with special needs by providing them with opportunities and support so they can achieve their goals. We deliver and facilitate support services that ensure they are integrated into the community and able to Build Great Lives.
We have an opening for a Project Manager to provide project management expertise for major organizational projects.
As a member of the senior management team, the Project Manager will be responsible for applying project management best practices and methodologies to define, prioritize and successfully deliver on transformational projects and organizational challenges. Projects may include strategic planning, program analysis, technology implementations and continuous improvement initiatives.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide leadership for project management.
- Manage project related resources across multiple departments and provides regular tracking/reporting to the Director of Operations and senior management team.
- Prepare and maintain project plans and schedules; analyze critical path and recommend workaround scenarios.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and support to colleagues to develop project management capacity within the leadership team.
- Coordinate and facilitate regular project team and review meetings, and liaison with functional leaders to ensure key project milestones are delivered on time.
- Implement project plans in a manner that ensures outcomes are sustainable and integrated fully with the organization’s systems and structures.
- Promote and demonstrate the Mission, Vision and Values of Community Living Hamilton within the workplace and the broader community.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and engaging team player with the following:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification.
- 3-5 years’ experience managing cross-functional projects through the full project life cycle, including defining project scope, requirements, process development, application/database design, development, testing and implementation.
- Must be proficient in using project management related Microsoft Office suite programs, including: Project, Visio, SharePoint and Excel.
- Experience supporting non-profit operational projects and/or technology solution implementations.
- Experience implementing a continuous improvement model through coaching, planning and evaluation.
- Experience in developing and facilitating training is an asset.
- Previous experience in the non-profit sector is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence multidisciplinary teams, using effective communication, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Able to effectively summarize and present data.
Please use “Project Manager” in the Subject line, and submit a resume and cover letter (Word or PDF format) by Friday, November 8, 2019.
Community Living Hamilton is committed to equitable employment practices.
Candidates with fluency in a second language are encouraged to note this in their resume.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Microsoft Office Project, Visio, SharePoint, and Excel: 1 year (Required)
- Project Management: 3 years (Required)
- developing and facilitating training: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Required)