Road Service Technician
Our ideal Service Technician will have mechanical experience in automotive, heavy equipment, millwright or truck/coach. Mechanical experience in the lift truck industry is considered a definite asset. Experience in hydraulics and propane systems is preferred.
Liftow is the largest Toyota Forklift dealership in North America, established in 1960. With Toyota being ranked #1 forklift in the world and our values, our mission at Liftow is to provide our clients with the most exceptional material handling equipment, products, training, and customer service in the industry. Liftow Canada operates full-service branches in ON, QC, NB, NS, NL and P.E.I.
- Competitive salary
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Employer paid benefits such as: medical insurance, dental, vision, disability coverage, life insurance and more
- Paid Sick Days
- RRSP Match
- Advancement opportunities
- No flat rate
- Boot Allowance
- Company cell phone
- A service van with gas, insurance and repair expenses covered
- Extensive hands-on Training program
- A stable company with 60 years of business excellence
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on various types of material handling equipment and its components including forklifts, stackers, electric carts, electric tow trucks, transporters.
- Use grinders, drill presses, air compressors, and common hand and power tools.
- Use instruction manuals and wiring diagrams to diagnose components, and electrical wiring.
Education & Work Experience
High school completion or equivalent education proficiency and/or 1-3 years’ experience as an auto, forklift, heavy equipment or truck and coach mechanic OR certified auto or heavy equipment mechanic. Experience repairing Toyota machines is preferred.
A valid driver’s license is required. Provincial Propane license and Power Lift Truck License (PLT) are preferred but not a requirement.
Competencies and Skills
- Knowledge of the use of hand tools and measuring devices
- Knowledge of the use of electrical/electronic diagnostic tools/measurements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer service oriented
Please note that this position requires a Clear Driver’s Abstract. This check must be satisfactory for an employment offer to be extended unconditionally.
Liftow is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds including minorities and those with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.00-$40.00 per hour