Under the direction of the Food Services Manager, the Food Service Supervisor is responsible for assisting in the operation of the Food Services Department.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at 519-434-1000.
October 10, 2019.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Ensures that the food services department is meeting the residents’ nutritional needs.
- Reviews the menus ensuring usage of seasonal foods, the Canada Food Guide, rotation of stock and meeting the specific needs of special diets.
- Knows and interprets facility policies, procedures and practices and communicates these to the appropriate personnel.
- Initiates and provides staff orientation and in-service programs for food services personnel.
- Assists in the evaluation of staff performance to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintains good working relationships with all staff members
- Operates in a fiscally responsible manner and maintains purchasing and inventory control.
- Strong team member philosophy and ability to work with a minimum of supervision in a fast paced work environment.
- Executive Chef with a Red Seal Certificate or College graduate of recognized food service diploma program preferred.
- Experience in nutritional & food management/preparation and presentation in a related work environment
- Self-directed and team-oriented, with good organization and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge in quality/quantity food production, nutritional considerations for seniors, the Ontario Food Premises Act, Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Preference will be given to applicants with leadership experience in a retirement or hospitality setting.
- Experience in health and safety standards.
- Strong computer skills, i.e. Excel and Word