Physiotherapy Assistant/Occupational Therapy Assistant (PTA/OTA) –
Located in the beautiful Annapolis Valley, Kings Regional Rehabilitation Centre
(KRRC) serves persons of all ages with, intellectual, developmental, physical,
behavioral, psychological, and/or psychiatric disabilities. We have an immediate
opening for a Part-time Permanent Physiotherapy Assistant/Occupational
Therapy Assistant (PTA/OTA) at our Centre in Waterville, Nova Scotia. The
successful candidate for this 0.6 FTE position will work more or less exclusively in the
Physiotherapy area, with the potential to be assigned work in Occupational Therapy
depending on organizational need.
Under the dir Under the Direction of the Physiotherapist/Occupational Therapist(s) and the Director of
Clinical Services, the PTA/OTA assists with the development and implementation of
Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy programs using a client and family centered
approach in accordance with KRRC’s Mission, Vision, and Values and established policies
and procedures. The PTA/OTA works directly with clients providing hands-on interventions
to improve their quality of life and ability to perform desired activities, and provides support
to the Physiotherapist and Occupational Therapist(s) to ensure the smooth operation of
the service and the best possible outcomes for clients.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Graduate of a recognized 2-year Physiotherapy Assistant/ Occupational Therapy
Assistant (OTA-PTA) program, e.g. the PTA/OTA Diploma Program offered at the
Nova Scotia Community college (NSCC)
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities, mental health issues,
and/or behavioral challenges;
- Demonstrated ability to relate well with clients, families, and other members of the
- Excellent observational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve, seek solutions through collaboration, and
- Strong organizational and time-management skills;
- Ability to work independently to complete delegated tasks / programs;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Demonstrated accountability, initiative, and good judgment;
- Proficiency with computers and relevant applications, e.g. Excel;
- Valid Nova Scotia driver’s license;
- Previous experience working as a PTA/OTA, especially in residential care, an asset.
KRRC offers a competitive benefits package and the successful candidate will be a
member of our robust Clinical Services Team. The person in this position will be a member
of the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE), Local 1472.
Candidates must be able to provide 3 references; work references or combination of work
reference and other professional references are acceptable.
Please direct applications including cover letter/resume to Human Resources:
Kings Regional Rehabilitation Centre
1349 County Home Road,
PO Box 128
Waterville, NS B0P 1V0
We appreciate all applications; however only those candidates invited for an interview will be notified.