It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Services or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of two (2) years’ sales, marketing, professional relations and/or education training; experience in health care services or related field
- Knowledge of hospice and Medicare/Medicaid payor sources preferred
- Excellent communications (written and verbal) including public speaking experience and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to partner with internal colleagues and external providers to achieve best possible outcome for patients and families
- Mobile Driver - Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance per Company policy
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the hospice’s service area
- Able to manage time and contacts effectively to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to analyze data, identify access to care opportunities, and follow through on developed action plans
- Ability to work unsupervised, exercise a high degree of discretion and independent judgment
- Self-motivated and resourceful
Responsibilities of all Employees:
- Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this position.
- Represent the Company professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
- Comply with all State, federal and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
- Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard practices.
- Observe the Company's health, safety and security practices.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within the Company.
- Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Promote the Company through participation in community and professional organizations.
- Participate proactively in improving performance at the organizational, departmental and individual levels.
- Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
- Advance electronic media skills.
- Support Company research and educational activities.
- Share expertise with co-workers, both formally and informally.
- Participate in Quality Assessment Performance Improvement activities as appropriate for the position.
- Cultivates, develops and enhances care relationships with hospitals, physicians, nursing homes, assisted living facilities (ALFs) and other community care partners.
- Develops and implements monthly and quarterly care partner education plan in order to achieve goals set by the Organization. Develops long term business relationships resulting in an increased knowledge of hospice and palliative care services.
- Develops an educational plan for implementation in the professional referral community, in conjunction with the Director of Professional Relations.
- Establishes standards and quantitative measurements to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of educational interventions.
- Assists with the development of outcome monitors that evaluates the effectiveness of educational interventions.
- Develops and maintains community care partner database for educational purposes in CRM system. Utilizes CRM system for territory management completing all detailed documentation.
- Collects and monitors data of referral/admission patterns from all sources including physicians, social workers, discharge planners, hospitals, ALFs and nursing homes.
- Promotes benefits of all appropriate Company programs and services with patients, families and community care partners.
- Develops working relationships with physicians, their office staff, discharge planners, social workers, and other potential referral sources. Assists with face to face contacts with all referral sources.
- Performs other duties as assigned.