We are a mid-size, comprehensive commercial real estate company based in Vancouver, Canada. We work with tenants, investors, architects, planners and engineers to create premium properties we all can be proud of over the long term. We work hard to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers and to make a positive contribution to the communities we invest in. We are located in Fairview, walking distance from the City Hall Canada-Line Station.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Responsible for full-cycle accounting for corporate entities, properties in operation, and properties under development
· Processing accounts payable including coding, cheque runs, and follow up
· Accounts receivable – process deposits and follow up on any overdue accounts
· Prepare bank reconciliations and GST remittances for multi companies
· Prepare credit card reconciliations and post inter-company transactions
· Reconcile inter-company loans and interest calculations
· Prepare year-end working papers, CAM reconciliations, tenant billings and follow up
· Prepare month-end financial statements and management reports, including variance analysis and account reconciliations in an accurate and timely manner
· Set up of new properties on accounting software, ensuring accuracy of input of both client and tenant information
· Assist with tenant and property charge-back invoices including lease commissions, project management fees and lease documentation
· Assist in preparing annual operating budgets
· Evaluate the effectiveness of internal processes to seek opportunities for process improvements
· Sort and file all invoices and other documents, as needed
· Percentage Rent Calculations
· Other special projects/requests as necessary ie) sale of property
· At least 5 years full cycle accounting experience in real estate development and/or property management industry or public practice
· Must have at minimum an Accounting Diploma. Working towards or completion of the CPA program is an asset, but not required
· Proficiency in MS Office programs required, especially Excel Candidate
· Proficiency using QuickBooks desktop/online versions
· Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to work independently and in team environment, and multi-task in a large volume, fast-paced environment
· Have an open mind and good attitude
· Inquisitive and inclined to investigate and follow up on discrepancies
· Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English
Salary is commensurate with experience. Extended Health/Dental/Vision Benefits after probationary period
· Please, no phone calls about this job.
· We will contact only the selected candidates.
· Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
· Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent