RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
Under the direct supervision of the Program Leader, the Program Manager will facilitate all aspects of the activities of the research program, including financial, scientific and administrative. The Program Manager will also liaise with the Business Development office to explore/evaluate non-traditional funding opportunities, team grants, industry outreach, etc. The Program Manager will act as the day-to-day facilitator between the Program Leadership, the Programs’ members and their research teams, and RI-MUHC administration including Business Development.
- Plays a lead role in the preparation of the Program’s major funding requests (e.g. CFI, CIHR, etc.),
- Develops collaborative partnerships across various research constituencies within the Research Program, including research teams, investigators and external collaborators,
- Knowledge of programs research work in order to help groups come together in preparation for multidisciplinary grant applications,
- Implements the strategic advice of the Program Leader regarding the development and planning of projects that will support the goals and priorities of the Program,
- Facilitates the implementation of the Program’s research goals through team meetings, internal committees and research seminars,
- Facilitates all aspects of the activities of the research program including: financial, scientific and administrative,
- Collaborates with senior management staff on special projects as assigned,
- Oversees internal and external communications and reporting activities including finances, grants, policies, key performance metrics,
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by the Program Leader.
Education / Experience
- PhD degree with direct work experience in health science research,
- Academia background an asset,
- Experience in administration considered an asset,
- Experience with staff supervision and budgets,
- Experience in neuroscience-related field considered an asset,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Strong writing skills with prior publications in peer-reviewed journals,
- French and English - spoken and written,
- Problem assessment and problem solving abilities,
- Information gathering and information monitoring,
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently or with teams with minimum direction and/or supervision.
$43 694.55 to $81,138.95/annum
From Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (35-hour workweek)
Montreal General Hospital
To learn more about our benefits, please visit http://rimuhc.ca/en/compensation-and-benefits
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
The masculine gender has been used for brevity and includes the feminine gender.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
Le CUSM applique un programme d’accès à l’égalité en emploi et invite les femmes, les Autochtones, les minorités visibles, les minorités ethniques et les personnes handicapées à présenter leur candidature. Des mesures d’adaptation peuvent être offertes aux personnes handicapées qui en font la demande en fonction de leurs besoins.