About School District 69 (Qualicum)
School District 69 (Qualicum) is centrally situated on east Vancouver Island and covers the area of Nanoose Bay to Bowser and spans from Errington across the Strait of Georgia to Lasqueti Island. We serve a student population of approximately 4000 students. School District 69 (Qualicum) consists of eight elementary schools (Grades K-7), two secondary schools (Grade 8-12), an alternate school (PASS/Woodwinds) and a Distributed Learning program to support home-learning families called the Collaborative Education Alternative Program (CEAP). False Bay School on Lasqueti Island is entirely off-grid with an immense solar project recently completed. School District 69 (Qualicum) also embraces many community organizations through various school programs. The area’s natural beauty, never-ending beaches, mild climate and small-town charm make it a popular tourist destination and a great opportunity to have a career in paradise.
REQUIRED ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Successful completion of a Certified Building Service Worker Level one and two from a recognized institution. (minimum 40 hours instruction).
- Six months work experience in an institutional or commercial operation.
- Demonstrated ability to perform and learn manual tasks, including the lifting of medium heavy loads, working overhead and working on a ladder.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff and public.
- Note: Positions requiring a Class 5 BC Driver’s License will be so designated.
Make a Future / School District 69 (Qualicum)
Please note to submit your application to the actual job posting you must click onto the job posting, then click the “APPLY” button.
School District 69 (Qualicum)
Director of Human Resources - School District 69 (Qualicum)
Successful applicant(s) must successfully complete an Authorization for Criminal Records Search pursuant to the Criminal records Review Act.
For further information please contact Denise Kinney, Human Resources Assistant at 250 954 3069 or email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.