New Posting September 10, 2019
Zenabis is currently hiring for a Sanitation Technician. Sanitation Technicians are responsible for the daily cleaning duties throughout our facilities. This includes general sanitation of common areas such as the staff room, offices, hallways and bathrooms. Due to our unique industry, sanitation crews are also responsible for maintaining a Health Canada level of sanitation within our production rooms. We are seeking individuals who work exceptionally well in a team environment, who are motivated to excel in their field and who come to work with a positive attitude! Experience within the industry is an asset, however all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sanitation of public area floors with designated cleaning supplies and approved floor cleaners as per Zenabis Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Cleaning and wiping down of all public area surfaces including but not limited to; walls, cupboards, shelves, doors, light switches, ceilings as scheduled or needed for all common areas. (Main facility entrance, gowning area, staff room, main hallways, over-head doors and staff entrance, etc.)
- Responsible for full sanitation and stocking of all bathrooms located in the facility.
- Responsible for restocking of towel dispensers, hand sanitizers, soap dispensers, glove racks outside cultivation areas and alerting procurement when sanitation inventory is low.
- Empty all facility trash cans as scheduled and replace with new liners as required.
- Perform spot cleaning in emergency situations as required. (toilet overflows, dumped garbage)
- Perform all other cleaning duties as assigned.
- Complete all documentation in real-time on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Inform supervisor of any concerns or observed problems as outlined in Zenabis’s Policy Manual
- 0 – 1 year experience as a General Labourer
- Custodial or sanitation experience an asset
- Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labour tasks required for employment in a commercial scale indoor growing facility
- Knowledge of GMP and GPP is an asset
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, as well as physical aptitude for bending, kneeling, squatting, reaching and standing for extended periods of time
- Monitoring and attention to detail and accuracy, including thorough documentation abilities
- Health clearance
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to act independently and as a team member
- Ability to prioritize activities and adjust priorities on short notice
- Excellent comprehension, communication and interpersonal skills
We thank all applicants for their interest, and will be in contact with the applicants that have the skills and qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour