Bring your well-honed driver training skills and make your mark as a Lead Trainer in our new state-of-the-art facility in Ajax.
Playing a key role in developing a new team of AZ Delivery Drivers and Driver Apprentices, you will provide training in all facets of professional driving and customer service. Your main objective will be to coach Drivers in defensive driving, delivery process, customer service, and compliance.
- Train new hires that occasionally have less than 3 months of driving experience
- Conduct ride-alongs and coaching for the purpose of improving driving skills
- Provide excellent leadership and training to support seasoned and apprentice drivers
- Design training schedules and deliver group training when needed
- Assist Training Supervisors with compliance and defensive driving courses
- Review and enhance Transportation training process
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven track record as a trainer
- 5+ years of AZ Delivery Driver experience
- Flexible work schedule
- Strong organizational skills with ability to identify and set priorities on daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Average computer skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present the Company and oneself in a positive manner, consistent with the Cornerstone Values of Gordon Food Service
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- As an AZ Delivery Driver Trainer, you will earn competitive compensation plus comprehensive and flexible benefits
- RRSP with company match
- Annual profit sharing
- Opportunities for learning and advancement plus company events that support our family culture
- 200 Salem Road North, Ajax, ON
- Based out of our new state-of-the-art Ajax Distribution Centre, you will initially travel to Milton for training purposes.
- Discover why Forbes has named Gordon Food Service as one of Canada’s Best Employers and join an awesome team that is fun, supportive, and alive with energy!
ABOUT GORDON FOOD SERVICE
Experience an exciting workplace where high performance teams set the industry standard for customer service and share in the financial rewards, while enjoying a workplace that lives the values of a more than 120-year-old, fifth generation family-run business.
Our new 330,000 sq.ft. state-of-the-art warehouse in Ajax will support the distribution of foodservice products across Ontario, using teamwork, automation and other technologies to enhance product selection, sorting and truck-loading.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- AZ Driver training: 1 year (Required)