Temporary Part-time, Days (7 AM - 11 AM, 32 hours bi-weekly)
Seasons Retirement Communities, Drayton Valley
The Company. Seasons Retirement Communities is a growing senior housing company that believes Happy Team Members = Happy Residents. We want our team members to have work-life balance, feel supported on the job and love what they do. We expect a lot from our team members because we believe our residents deserve the very best. If you are prepared to go above and beyond to make a difference, Seasons is the place for you.
We hire individuals who are enthusiastic about working with seniors. At Seasons, our team members make a difference in our residents' lives through meaningful connections and creating 'Wow Moments' that matter. We support, encourage and celebrate these efforts because they have a positive impact on residents and team members alike. Simply put, it feels great to make a positive difference in the life of a senior.
The Position. We’re looking for a Resident & Guest Attendant to work as a Dining Server. Working at the direction of Dining Services Manager, the Dining Server is responsible for serving meals and servicing catering events while ensuring an exceptional dining experience to residents and guests.
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- We offer complete training to right fit candidates.
- Group discounts on home & auto insurance
- Corporate discounts for Goodlife Fitness memberships
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors
- Effective interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints
- Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness
- Must be able to operate related equipment
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations
- Must have/obtain valid Food Safety Certificate
- Preparing food for serving to the residents
- Ensuring resident satisfaction with meal service
- Setting stripping tables and serving food/beverages in accordance with established policies and procedures and all applicable regulations
- Unpacking and storing supplies; maintaining work and storage areas in a clean, safe sanitary manner
- Washing, cleaning and sorting dishes, cutlery, fixtures and equipment used for food preparations and service
- Operating and cleaning food equipment, furniture and maintaining dining area
- All other duties as assigned
The Location. Seasons Drayton Valley is based in Drayton Valley, Alberta
About Drayton Valley. Seasons Drayton Valley is close to Drayton Valley Hospital and Care Centre and is a short drive to local shopping and community amenities. Our home is thoughtfully designed, offering a range of living options to suit our residents’ preferences. From independent apartments with full kitchens to suites where residents enjoy our dining and housekeeping services, Seasons Drayton Valley offers local seniors ample choice in their retirement lifestyle.
Why Should You Apply
- Competitive wages
- Employee rewards & referral programs
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Opportunities for on-the-job training
In addition, the successful candidate will be required to project the appropriate image and focus on customer services in their dealings with residents, families and guests.
Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent as well as previous experience in providing food services in the hospitality industry is preferred.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Seasons Retirement Communities (“Seasons“) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Season’s Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Season’s hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.