Physiotherapy Assistant/Kinesiologist - Calgary, AB (Part-time)
The anticipated schedule for this position is Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
A good team is focused on communication and collaboration, and Lifemark Sport Medicine - Repsol Sport Centre employs this philosophy with our patients. We have a multi-disciplinary staff that works together to provide the highest level of care. We offer specialized programs including certified hand therapy, concussion management, orthotics and bracing (custom and off-the-shelf), cancer rehab and vestibular therapists for balance and dizziness issues.
As a Physiotherapy Assistant/Kinesiologist at Lifemark you are an important member of our clinical team. You are responsible for assisting with client care as directed by a Physiotherapist, and for the maintenance and cleanliness of the treatment area and equipment. As a significant contributor, you are the type of person who will take pride in the thoroughness of your work and the strong relationships you develop with your clients and co-workers.
Primary responsibilities would include:
- Assisting physiotherapists with client care including the use of ultrasound equipment, exercise programs etc.
- Treatment area cleanliness, including laundry and treatment area organization
- Maintenance and cleaning/sterilization of medical equipment
- Collecting outcome measure data
- Inventory of clinical supplies
Additional responsibilities, dependent on experience level and training:
- Perform biomechanical, fitness, and functional assessments under the mentorship and direction of a physiotherapist
- Design, implement and supervise graded exercise, work conditioning and/or work hardening programs
- Perform reassessment of client progress through functional testing
- PTA diploma/Kinesiology degree
- Previous experience working within a clinic setting
- Personal, friendly demeanor with excellent relationship-building skills
Apply today! Visit www.lifemark.ca for more information