We are an Experience company. We are changing the way we see, hear, play, learn, consume on a WHIM - it’s a whole new way of doing Stuff.
Through Visual IoT, we exist to engage the senses, stretch the imagination and ignite curiosity. We have spent years pushing the status quo and redefining what is visually possible.
Nothing we do is expected. And we like it that way. Now, if your brain started whirling with an abundance of ideas, and you think joining the WHIM team is in your stellar wheelhouse, give us a shout. We’re waiting for you.
You'll do stuff like:
- Contribute to software development plans and participate in peer code reviews
- Develop integrations
- Implement design and functional requirements
- Focus on maintainability, flexibility, and scalability (and a lot of others)
- Work alongside designers, developers, and product managers to create beautiful things
You'll need to have strong skills in these areas:
- Rails 5.0+
- Ruby 3.0+
- Test-driven development
- Bootstrap 3+
- Agile and Scrum workflow
It'd be great if you also had:
- At least 3 years of experience
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure
- Experience with continuous-integration
- Knowledge of front-end UI/UX outputs as well as how they impact backend logic and data structures
- Understanding of responsive design, web standards, UI/UX best practices, and cross-browser development
What’s in it for you?
- Great mentorship and company culture
- Flex hours and periodic work from home options
- Fun office space located near Metro Charlevoix and near the Lachine canal; our offices are open planned with large windows in Montreal’s biggest brick building
- Lots of fun team building events throughout the year
- Annual budget to be spent on learning and training
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and performance
- Medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Kitchen always stocked with coffee, snacks and drinks
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
If this speaks to you, please apply. Experience is transferable from many different skills and backgrounds, and your passion and enthusiasm are what will set you apart. We’re an open and inclusive organization dedicated to diversity and fair hiring practices.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- software development: 3 years (Required)