At Aquatrans, our success begins with our people. That’s why we invest heavily in training, development, and retention to ensure that we find and maintain the best fit for our company. We provide a work environment that allows our employees to excel in what they do. From wearing what you’re most comfortable in to us providing your favourite snacks and coffee all day long – our employees’ happiness and comfort is the basis of our success.
We pride ourselves on our open company culture; we’re progressive, evolving daily and most importantly we truly enjoy our work and the environment that we work in!
We are a specialty service, truck carrier located in Delta, B.C. who provides general cargo, refrigerated and bulk commodity transportation throughout the Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island, and Washington State. We are a busy and growing company and are dedicated to providing excellent service to all of our customers – and our team makes this happen! From Truck Drivers to Accounts Receivable, our dynamic and supportive team carries out Aquatrans’ success.
Nature of Position:
Permanent, full-time (40 hours per week)
What You’ll Do
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the scheduling and dispatch of drivers, conveyance of materials, freight, or emergency repairs rendered outside the place of business. This position includes taking a significant role supporting other Logistics Coordinators – providing oversight, training, and development. This role includes providing support in a fast paced, high call volume office environment and will assist in completing operation and data entry tasks as necessary in a timely and accurate manner.
- Allocate drivers to trucks and trailers while providing accurate directions to pickup and delivery facilities
- Process and transmit work orders, messages, and information to or from drivers, supervisors, and field inspectors using telephones or two-way radios
- Advise personnel about traffic problems such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, and other hazards
- Oversee Jr. Logistics Coordinators and be willing to answer questions and give any needed support within reason throughout the learning process
- Deal with customers sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Receive and process transportation requirement requests from customers
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- High school diploma or GED
- University program in logistics or equivalent is strongly recommended
- Experience dispatching, coordinating logistics, etc.
- Transportation industry knowledge and experience an asset (i.e. shipping/receiving, scheduling, freight negotiations, etc.)
- Experience in training, supervising, and instructing subordinates in new tasks, processes, and procedures
- Excellent multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
What You’ll Love About Us
- Great Company Culture. Our workplace is an open, engaging, and welcoming environment. We have snacks, coffee, tea, and more for whatever helps you work your best!
- Meaningful work. We offer autonomy – be in control of your own choices. Complexity – you can master new skills and improve. Team environment – have support around you for when you need it.
- Rest and Relaxation. Starting with 2 weeks paid time off – we want you to be able to perform at your best. Everyone deserves a break!
- Fair and competitive wages. We offer the best for our employees with room for advancement opportunities.
Monday to Friday - 4am to 12:30 pm or 6am to 6:30pm, shift schedule will be determined upon hire.
40 hours per week.