Highline Core Values include:
We do the right thing, always. We lead the way. We are fanatical about quality. We are transparent in our relationships. We always consider the human element. We embrace diversity and inclusion.
Our headquarters is located at 506 Mersea Road 5, Leamington, ON N8H 3V5.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and actively foster an engaged work force, displaying professionalism even when challenging to do and while quickly managing the culture to stop behaviors not aligned to the Company Values
- Oversees the daily growing operations including, but not limited to, Substrate Preparations (filling, transferring, and emptying operations of compost, substrate and SMS, pinning and harvest), Growing Operations (managing environmental conditions and the calibration of computers, probes, thermometers, etc), Harvesting and Packaging (supervising and leading teams of workers), Delivery, Maintenance activities and Staffing
- Coordinates and ensures farms operate in compliance with company policies, all applicable public laws and regulatory requirement, including but not limited to Environment, Employment, and Health and Safety regulations
- Responsible for the overall security and protection of the farm’s assets, including facilities and equipment
- Ensure departmental leaders provide meaningful contributions to setting and achieving budget targets through strategic planning, managing costs, monitoring continuous improvement initiatives and efficiencies
- Reviews activity reports and financial statements with the Senior Management, to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions
- Responsible for overseeing farm performance and reporting requirements, including but not limited to, internal reporting and Board reports as well as external regulatory reporting required under applicable public statues (i.e. Ministry of Labour, Ministry of the Environment)
- Provides advice and recommendations to the Senior Management about constructions, alternations, maintenance, materials, supplies, equipment and services not provided in approved plans an/or budgets
- Assists in planning, developing and implementing farm strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the Company.
- Adheres to and enforces Safety Policies, uses proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other safety equipment
- As reasonably requested in aid of operations or culture compliance, performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in Agricultural Science or a related discipline required
- 1 - 3 years Farm Management Experience required
- 1 - 3 years Leadership Role at a Mushroom Farm Experience required
- Must have extensive experience and understanding of substrate preparation and mushroom growing
- Knowledgeable in contracting, sales, packaging, shipping, and change management
- Requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects
- Demonstrable strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize with an aptitude to effectively handle deadlines
- Fluent in written and verbal English, other languages are an asset.
Maybe required to work overtime. As a proud farm feeding families across North America, we operate all 365 days a year.
Compensation & Benefits:
- $100,000 plus bonuses
- Performance Based Bonuses
- Annual Salary Review
- Extended Health & Dental and Vision for Associates and their eligible family members
- Life Insurance and Dependent Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation Time
- Safety Shoe Reimbursement
Location of work: 281090 Service Road, Range Road 293, Crossfield, Alberta, T0M 0S0.
How to Apply:
- By phone: 403-946-4396, Between 08:00 AM and 05:00 PM
- By fax: 403-946-4397
- By mail or in person (between 8:00 am and 5:00pm): 281090 RR 293, S. of Hwy 72 and E. of Hwy 2, Crossfield, AB T0M 0S0
Highline encourages applications from all qualified candidates. When requested Highline will accommodate people with disabilities at all stages of the recruitment, assessment and hiring process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Farm Management: 1 year (Required)
- Substrate preparation and mushroom growing: 1 year (Required)
- Leadership Role at Mushroom Farm: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)