The Co-operative Retailing System (CRS) is a unique, multi-billion dollar organization based on the fundamental principles of co-operation. It is comprised of a network of approximately 190 autonomous retail co-operatives across Western Canada along with their branch operations, and Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL). FCL is the wholesaling/manufacturing arm of the CRS, which provides the retail co-ops with a range of products and services. Pineland Co-op welcomes applications for a positive and enthusiastic Human Resources Advisor to join our team at our Administration Office in Nipawin, SK.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, you will contribute to providing leadership in a variety of HR Services such as talent acquisition and onboarding, talent management, talent development, learning and development, employee engagement, pay / benefits administration and health and safety. The HR Advisor is a business partner whose focus is aligned with the overall retail goals and strategic objectives.
You will play a key role in providing direction and coaching across the organization requiring high quality decision making with the ability to remain highly confidential, reliable and committed to detail while handling multiple projects. You will contribute to the goal of delivering consistently positive experiences and an outstanding “You’re at Home Here” customer service level to stakeholders across the organization and within the community. As a brand ambassador, you will model living the brand everyday through our values of being Authentic, Committed, Customer-Centric and Passionate.
Why it matters
You will assist and support Pineland Team Leaders and Team Members in “investing in our employees, our facilities, our members and our business to enable growth and prosperity within the communities we serve”.
Who you are
- You are professional and brand-oriented with a friendly and positive demeanor to model a strong customer focus
- You manage complexity and are detail-oriented, with strong organization skills
- You look for continuous improvement through optimizing work processes
- You instill trust through responsiveness; attention to detail; strong work ethic; reliability and flexibility to meet deadlines
- You are action oriented with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- You have strong interpersonal savvy; relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- You have experience handling all confidential matters with discretion
- You are skilled at researching, preparing, and delivering a variety of HR and Safety programs primarily to internal stakeholders
- You have training and experience at an intermediate level in Word, Excel and Outlook, are comfortable with creating and posting on social media and corporate websites
- You have knowledge of Saskatchewan employment standards and legislation along with familiarity with human rights legislation, recruitment and onboarding practices, and related areas
- Basic accounting-related knowledge is required
- You will ensure compliance to company policies and procedures, professional standards and applicable laws and regulations
- You have formal post-secondary education in Human Resources (diploma or degree)
- You have minimum of 2 years of experience in providing advisory services in the areas of Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, or related areas
- You have desire and qualifications to work toward the CPHR designation
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits plan (including Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, a company-matched pension, an Employee & Family Assistance Program, and a corporate rewards program) complimented by a rewarding and supportive, professional work environment that fosters learning, personal growth and professional development.
Pineland Co-op exists to provide our members with products and services that help build, feed and fuel individuals and communities. We are a different kind of business; being member-owned means that any profits are returned to our members and stay in our local communities. We have over 200 team members who serve over 8,100 members from 9 different locations in 2 communities (Nipawin and Choiceland) offering food, energy products, home and building supplies, and agricultural supplies / crop inputs within a large trading area in Northeastern Saskatchewan.
We invite you to send your detailed resume and cover letter by July 22, 2020.
Please note you may be required to undergo a Criminal Record Check for this position. For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact:
Tammy Nilson, Human Resources Manager
Box 2015 Nipawin, SK S0E 1E0
Pineland Co-op thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Apply Online or submit a detailed résumé in confidence on or before July 22, 2020 to:
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL)
Box 1050, Saskatoon, SK S7K 3M9
401 – 22nd Street East, Saskatoon, SK S7K 0H2