Alavida Lifestylesis a company of luxurious and well-respected Retirement Residences, serving seniors in the Ottawa area. The Ravines Retirement Residence and Seniors' Suites is currently seeking dietary aides.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The employee is required to be able to perform the essential functions of the job with minimal supervision. The following functions are considered essential to this position:
- Maintain documentation as required by RHRA regulations
- Will be expected to participate in Department in-service training.
- Serve meals and snacks to our residents
- Clear and reset tables during and after mealtimes
- Light cleaning duties within the kitchen and dining room
- Must enjoy working with others and demonstrate a good attitude
Qualifications & Documentation Required:
- Great organizational, communication and social skills
- Previous experience in Retirement an asset
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to remain standing for an 8 hour shift
- Must possess a valid Food Handler’s Certificate
- Must be able to provide a Vulnerable Sector Clearance
- Must be able to provide a negative TB test
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision as well as in a team in a fast passed environment
Being caring and compassionate towards the elderly is a definite must.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual