Work at an award-winning top employer! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you’ve landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing.
Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a 2019 Platinum Level Best Employer!
What BCAA offers you:
- It’s not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being a 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that’s committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
- Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
Evo Car Share is hiring for a Full-Time Fleet Associateon a16 Month Contract!
Please note this contractposition has an approximate end date of January 22, 2021.
The Evo Fleet Associate is an entry level role that performs routine tasks and duties as assigned by the Manager, Fleet Operations. The nature and scope of this role is primarily responsible for ensuring that the Evo Fleet vehicles are available for rental by providing support to the entire fleet team and assisting with light mechanical or technical support wherever an Evo Vehicle may reside. Working in a fast paced car share market the incumbent will need to be adaptable and innovative in order to help achieve a high quality Member experience through assisting with tasks associated with maintaining the highest standards of vehicle cleanliness and available in good working condition.
- Provides rapid response to all vehicle tickets (damage, accident, telematics troubles) and determines best course of action for fast resolution of each vehicle ticket
- Photograph’s and records damages of vehicles for review by Manager, Fleet Operations (uploads to designated application as required)
- Inspects; documents and determines best course of action for any vehicles involved in accidents or major damage reports from members
- Working with the Evo Fleet Technician or Fleet Manager to test, diagnose, service and repair in vehicle telematics equipment in most cost effective manner
- Performs minor vehicle repairs, battery boosting, buffing or minor touch-ups to the vehicles as required
- Distributes and collects damaged vehicles to external repair partners to Evo’s quality standards
- Distributes and installs insurance documents, decals, parking permits or Marketing material when necessary
- Works with Associate Fleet Manager to prepare cars for in-fleeting and de-fleeting
- Drives vehicles to various locations for cleaning, maintenance and repairs
- Inspects vehicles as required and report on the cleanliness, fuel level, settings of vehicles to assess quality of work of external maintenance partner
- Organizes work by reviewing daily requirements, checking and gathering supplies
- Completes vehicle service requirements by washing windows lubricating, keeping coolant and windows clean and air in tires to an acceptable level
- Keeps vehicles presentable by washing and polishing exterior, vacuuming and polishing interior, removing waste
- Stores and retrieves vehicles by driving and parking vehicles
- Secures vehicles by locking doors, windows and trunk, observing and reporting suspicious persons and incidents
- Maintains safe environment by watching out for pedestrian traffic, following standards and procedures, complying with traffic and driving regulations
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading service publications
- May clean in and around the parking spaces, work spaces and signage as well as snow removal where necessary
- Liaises with other Team Members as required this may include, Member Services and Marketing, to fulfill all cross-functional requirements
- Works with the fleet team to ensure the highest vehicle availability throughout any given day
- Performs inventory counts and reconciliation of parts distribution
- Provides administrative support and data entry when required
- Work is performed in a shop and an outside field environment with travelling from site to site; exposure to noises, dust, grease, vehicle fumes, and all types of weather and temperature conditions and incumbents may be required to work extended hours including evenings and weekends.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a mechanic shop environment; walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, and twist; push, pull, lift and/or carry moderate to heavy amounts of weights; operate assigned equipment and vehicles; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
- Grade 12 education
- Post-Secondary Education in an Automotive or Electrical trade an asset
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in the automotive or rental car industry
- Proven knowledge of, and passion for automobiles and the sharing economy
- Proven ability to multi-task, high attention to detail orientation and prioritize work in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft office, using computers as well as online applications
- Demonstrated superior communication skills both verbally & written
- Demonstrated ability to interact with members in a professional manner
- Proven ability to work with simple electronics, and other power tools
- Demonstrated adaptability to adjust to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Proven willingness to learn and apply new knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and manage time independently
- Familiarity with the geographical area of Vancouver and surrounding areas that the fleet operates within
- Must be able to provide a clear divers’ abstract, annual renewal required
We aspire to be one of the best places to work for those who value integrity, teamwork and sustainability. Each of us will grow personally and professionally by doing engaging work with inspiring people.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract