HEAVY DUTY MECHANIC - APPRENTICE- located in Red Deer, AB
At Calfrac we pride ourselves on our Safety, Efficiency and on always providing the highest standard of customer service - one that cannot be beat. Ensuring we never fall short means finding those people who can share in our vision and help deliver on our reputation.
Heavy Duty Mechanic – Apprentice will be a member of the Maintenance Department responsible for daily repairs and preventative maintenance of Calfrac’s well servicing equipment. Heavy Duty Mechanic - Apprentice will focus on diagnosing and repairing equipment in a timely and effective manner.
Calfrac, we believe in being an integral part of the communities where we operate and we support a variety of giving activities throughout the year. Our support falls under two main areas: volunteering or donation. Whenever possible, the initiatives and organizations we undertake to promote and support fall into the following categories: Environment, Education, Aboriginal, Social Services, Arts & Culture and Community Sport.
- Competitive Hourly Wages plus Overtime when applicable
- Health and Dental Benefits effective day 1 of employment
- Paid Vacation Time Off upon start date
- RRSP Matching
- Paid training
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - provided to each new hire specific to each position
- Local: Eight (8) days on, six (6) days off
- Shop and Field positions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Working towards completion of the Journeyperson Heavy Duty, Millwright or Automotive Certification
- Certified to complete CVIP / DOT inspections would be considered an asset
- Unrestricted Class 5 driver’s license with satisfactory driver’s abstract
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
Previous experience as a heavy duty mechanic, heavy duty mechanic-apprentice, apprentice, journeyperson, journeyperson heavy duty, automotive, millwright, is an asset.