Junior Support Software Engineer
Quandri is an artificial intelligence company building digital workers to automate time-consuming and repetitive tasks. Founded in early 2021, we’re on a mission to repurpose 1 million human hours every single month to more meaningful work and are growing fast. We are building the best digital worker development team in the world and are looking for people who want to contribute to our cause in a big way.
As a Junior Support Software Engineer, you will primarily be responsible for the maintenance and quality assurance of Quandri’s digital worker fleet. You’ll be working closely with the rest of our development team, operations team and founders in order to triage bugs, schedule updates, and support the development team in any way possible. You love software engineering, enjoy complex problem-solving, are fascinated by new technology and its real world applications and are looking to make an impact early in your career.
You’ll be joining a small development team that is working on the cutting edge of technology. The right person will influence the culture and direction of the whole team and organization. The role is remote.
- Complete digital worker maintenance tickets efficiently and effectively
- Proactively update digital workers to limit downtime and inaccuracy
- Document development insights, roadblocks and solutions in a clear and concise manner
- Build and run automated testing scripts and notification mechanisms
- Support the development team and build requested key functionality
- Build automated setup tools for IT environments
- Build support infrastructure and digital worker error handling modules
- Build and maintain internal reporting so performance and errors are communicated effectively across the organization
- Contribute to our internal digital worker infrastructure and resources
- Regularly run security tests and updates to ensure our digital worker infrastructure is held to the highest degree of security
- Brainstorm new ideas to improve our development lifecycle
- Communicate to the rest of the team your latest updates, new ideas, and roadblocks
- Excellent python programming skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with popular automation libraries such as Robot Framework, Selenium and Playwright is considered an asset
- Experience working with AWS infrastructure is considered an asset
- Capable of working remotely with little supervision and delivering superb code and documentation
- As this is a startup, being flexible and adaptable to change will be essential
Who we’re looking for
- Problem solver. As we’re dealing with new technology, you will need to experiment, think creatively and be okay with failing in order to find the right solutions. We’re looking for someone who enjoys this process.
- High standards. We hold high standards as an organization and expect you to push our standards even higher. While perfection can be the enemy of progress, we do expect very high quality work.
- Adaptable. As we’re an early stage company, things are constantly changing and it is a fast paced environment. You need to be able to adapt and change with it.
- Impact. We don’t expect you to be married to your job, but you take it seriously and want to make a big impact. We’re not interested in playing small and want someone who feels the same way.
- Ownership. You own your work. We never hear you say “that’s not my job.” Of course we’re here to support you every step of the way, but we want people who continually seek more responsibility and thrive in high accountability environments.
Don’t let imposter syndrome stop you from applying. Great people sometimes don’t have the “right” experience. If you think that you’ll be amazing at this role then apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Work from home
Flexible language requirement: